- — The issue at our printing facility has recently been resolved, but print editions will be extremely late today. Subscribers can click http://sharonherald.cnhi.newsmemory.com/ for today's replica edition at no expense. Again we apologize for any inconvenience.
- Breaking News
Alleged hit-and-run driver found
Sharon police say they have apprehended the alleged driver involved in a hit-and-run accident involving a child on a bicycle today.
Sharon seeks truck that hit child
Police are looking for a black Dodge Durango with a Time Warner Cable placard on its side and two ladder racks holding orange ladders.
HERALD IS LATE
The print edition of The Herald is now being delivered to area subscribers after a problem at the New Castle printing plant delayed publication early this morning.
The paper was printed in Meadville and circulation employees are doing their best to deliver the paper.
It is available on the digital edition and anyone wishing to access it can go to sharonherald.cnhi.newsmemory.com/?activate=1.
We apologize for any incovenience this may have caused and thank subscribers for their patience.
LeBron returning to Cavaliers
LeBron James is coming home. “King James” made the announcement that he is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers in a column through Sports Illustrated.
Following is the link to that column:
RNC recommends Cleveland for 2016 convention
A Republican National Committee panel is recommending Cleveland to host the party's 2016 presidential convention.
- Sharpsville police investigating death of a man after a scuffle at a social club Friday night
Jamestown area man killed in crash
A Jamestown area man died in a one-vehicle crash Friday in Greene Township.
Missing Sharon girl found safe
Sharon police Chief Mike Menster said Thursday that 16-year-old Cheyenne Prusky was found safe in Wheatland.
Body found at landfill
A body was discovered at about 3 p.m. Wednesday at Tri-County Industries’ landfill in Pine Township, state police said.
- Hermitage police are investigating the drowning of a man in a home swimming pool. Police were called to the residence Sunday and confirmed a man drowned but refused to comment further except to say, “It’s an ongoing investigation.”
- Kennedy Catholic High golfer Jacob Wilson won the 66th annual Herald-Tam O'Shanter Junior Golf Championship by 2 strokes over West Middlesex's Ryan Dogan.
Ralph L. Young found not guilty on all counts in death of brother-in-law
Ralph L. Young was found not guilty this afternoon in the gruesome death of his brother-in-law David A. Dignall in December 2012 in French Creek Township. Check later for complete details in both The Herald's online and print editions.
Girlfriend charged with stabbing Hermitage man to death
An argument over a cell phone at about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday left a Hermitage man dead and his girlfriend facing a criminal homicide charge.
Sharon police seek thief who stole $1,000 bill from Smith Avenue house
Which dead president is shown an a $1,000 bill? How about the $500 note?
The thief who stole one of each recently in Sharon knows the answer and police are looking for him or her, Chief Mike Menster said.
Sharon man dies in Griswold Avenue house fire
A Sharon man died and another was sent to the hospital Tuesday night when a fire broke out at 1188 Griswold Ave., police said. A neighbor who lives behind the house that caught fire shortly after 9 p.m. said the fire appeared to start in a back room on the main floor. She said her husband ran into the house but was unable to save the man and was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
- More Breaking News Headlines
- Alleged hit-and-run driver found