MERCER COUNTY —
The Greater Mercer County Association of Realtors has announced that their 2013 “Realtor of the Year” is Peggy Dunder, a Realtor with Best Real Estate in Hermitage.
The Realtor of the Year award is given annually to a deserving Realtor based on service to the Association of Realtors, as well as community service, education, business accomplishments, and Realtor spirit by projecting a general reputation for professional competence, service to clients, and observance of the Code of Ethics.
The criteria for the award is not dollars earned, but the public recognition of the progressive manner in which the Realtor conducts her business.
Dunder serves the association on its board of directors and Habitat for Humanity and Community Service committees, and has been a member since 2006. She is also a member of the Pennsylvania Association of Realtors and the National Association of Realtors.
Dunder is a life-long resident of the area and graduated from West Middlesex schools. She is a former newspaper editor at the Herald and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is involved with the Mercer County Builders Association and The Networking Group, and a volunteer for Waterfire Sharon and Animal Appeal.
The Association also installed officers and directors for 2014:
• Tyler C. Johnson (ERA Johnson), president
• Julie A. Cylenica (Howard Hanna), president-elect
• Susan Vilasi (ERA Johnson Real Estate), treasurer
• Marti Kohut (Northwood Realty), secretary
• Nancy L. Schlegel (Northwood Realty), Patricia McCluskey (Northwood Realty), Vickie Hosick (Howard Hanna), Peggy Dunder (Best Real Estate) and Veronica L. Palmer (Coldwell Banker Bainbridge Kaufman), directors.