THINGS TO DO
• Reynolds High School class of 1961 meets for lunch at 1 p.m. Dec. 12 at Perkins Restaurant, Greenville.
• Hickory High School class of 1947 meets at 11:30 a.m. Dec. 12 at Perkins Restaurant, Hermitage.
Friends and spouses are welcome.
• Mercer High School class of 1956 meets at 9 a.m. Saturday at Ryder Restaurant. New Wilmington.
All classmates, spouses, and friends welcome.
• Reynolds High School class of 1965 holds its monthly dinner meeting at 5 p.m. Dec. 13 and the second Wednesday of each month at the “Bridgeworks Restaurant” in Greenville.
• The 19th Annual Stoneboro House Decorating contest begins at 7 p.m. Friday.
Prizes will be $100 for first place, $75 for second and $50 for third.
There are different judges every year.
The event is sponsored by Scott A. Black Funeral Home.
• Buhl Park presents Breakfast with Santa from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at the Buhl Park Casino.
Breakfast includes pancakes, sausage, and choice of drink.
New this year is a pancake topping bar. Cost is $6 for adults and $4 for children.
There will be pictures with Santa, holiday crafts, music and family fun.
• Greenville Senior Center, 45 Alan Ave., Greenville, is having a Christmas Cookie Walk beginning at 9 a.m. until gone on Dec. 14.
Cost is $3 per dozen.
• Sharon Veterans of Foreign Wars 1338 gather for a Christmas party at 6 p.m. Dec. 12 at Muscarella’s Cafe, Sharpsville.
• A Breakfast with Santa will be from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday at West Middlesex United Methodist Church, Main Street, West Middlesex.
Menu includes pancakes, sausage and drink.
There will also be a gift from Santa.
Cost is $7 for adults and $5 for children.
Reservations, call 724-528-3895 and leave a message.
<\z186667>• <\Bz186667>Farrell High School class of 1959<\z186667> meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Perkins Restaurant in Hermitage.
<\z186667>Spouses and guests are welcome.
<\z186667>• <\Bz186667>Mercer High School class of 1958<\z186667> gathers at noon Dec. 20 and the third Wednesday of each month at Hoss’ Steak and Sea House Restaurant in Springfield Township.
<\z186667>All classmates and friends are welcome.
<\Iz186667>Info: Rita Thompson, 724-662-2483; John Campbell, 724-458-7091 or Rosemarie Michal, 724-662-5438<\z186667>.
• Quota International of Hermitage’s “Gutchies for Kidz” is collecting all types of new underwear, socks and pajamas for school children, including adult sizes for high school students.
Dropoff tubs are in Hermitage at: Knott’s Interiors, 1505 N. Hermitage Road; Greenville Savings Bank, 550 N. Hermitage Road; Salon Thairepy, 1900 E. State St.; Shenango Valley Senior Center, 220 N. Buhl Farm Dr. and the YMCA, 925 N. Hermitage Road.
<\z186667>• Kiwanis of Hermitage is selling <\Bz186667>two pounds of fancy mixed nuts (no peanuts) in decorative tins<\z186667> for the holiday season. Packaged tins will be available for pick-up between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. now through Dec. 20 at the Children Center of Mercer County, 900 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage.
<\z186667>Cost is $22 per tin.
<\z186667>Proceeds go to helping various children’s programs and other organizations in the Hermitage community.
<\Iz186667>To order, call 724-342-3738<\z186667>.
<\z186667>• Twin City Elks 187 and Zylphia Temple 66 Joint Committee is having a <\Bz186667>breakfast<\z186667> from 7 a.m. to noon Dec. 16 at Twin City Lodge, 301 Staunton St., Farrell.
Menu includes bacon, sausage, homefries, eggs, grits, Danish and pancakes.
Cost is $5. Eat in, takeout or delivery.
Orders, call Linda at 724-704-1916 or Jefferson, 724-699-0110.
ARTS & CRAFTS
• A Christmas Vendor Blender featuring as many as 40 crafters and vendors with cash and carry items for holiday shopping will be from 3 to 7 p.m. Dec. 17 in the social hall of St. Bartholomew Church, 321 W. Ridge Ave., Sharpsville.
• Shenango Valley Senior Center hosts a casino bus trip to Hard Rock Rocksino in Cleveland on March 13.
Angie from The Lakes at Jefferson sponsors the trip; this time with a Mardi Gras flair.
Trip fee is $30 with $25 free play. You must be age 50 and older and register at the Center. All seats first come, first served.
• St. George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage, is having a bake sale and stuffed cabbage sale. Orders are to be picked up between 1 and 3 p.m. Dec. 22 at the church.
Apple strudel is $8; cheese strudel, $10; pumpkin roll, $10; nut roll, $12, and stuffed cabbage is $3 each. There will also be assorted Christmas cookies available during the bake sale.
Orders, call Honey at 724-342-0115.