• The Salvation Army, 660 Fisher Hill, Sharon, serves its annual Thanksgiving Day Feast on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28. Dinner served at noon. A short devotional will be conducted at 11 a.m.
The homestyle sit-down meal is open to everyone in the community.
Delivery is available to shut-ins. Reservations for dinner or delivery: 724-347-5537.
• Farrell High School class of 1956 holds a Christmas party Dec. 4 at Jess’s Junction, Hermitage. Social hour begins at 5 p.m. with dinner at 6.
There will be a $5 gift exchange.
Reservations: Judy, 724-981-2430, by Nov. 25.
• Greenville Area School District is beginning preparations for a holiday dinner for senior citizens of the district. The dinner will be served at 1:15 p.m. Dec. 18 in the high school cafeteria. Guests are asked not to enter the building before 1 p.m.
Entertainment will be provided.
There is no cost for dinner, but donations will be accepted.
Reservations can be made by calling the high school office at 724-588-2500, ext. 2131 by Dec. 11.
• Sharon Steel girls Christmas lunch will be held at 11 a.m. Dec. 7 at Hickory Grille, Hermitage.
Inquiries: Linda Savor 724 927-2342; Judy Shakley 330 394-2217; and Barbara Sheasley 724 962-7521. Reservations: Fran Pavcik, 724 962-7178.
• The Sharon Heritage Society will hold an informal membership meeting at 6:30 p.m. today at Billy’s Black & Gold on Sharpsville Avenue. There will be no speaker or program. There will instead be a show-and-tell session focusing on objects relating to Sharon. Attendees are encouraged to bring along an object for the group to ponder. A short business meeting will follow.
• Sharon High School class of 1953 meets for lunch at noon Nov. 27 at Denny’s restaurant, Hermitage.
All classmates welcome.
• A hunter’s breakfast will be served from 5 to 7 a.m. Dec. 2 at Stoneboro Methodist Church, Lake Street, Stoneboro.
Menu includes a hot breakfast with orange juice, coffee or tea with a donation of your choice. Thermos filled for free.
• Stoneboro Lion’s Club holds its 65th Annual Pancake and Whole Hog Sausage Supper Saturday. Serving is 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 7 p.m. in the cafeteria of Lakeview High School.
The all-you-can-eat dinner is served with juice, coffee, tea, milk and homemade cookies, so take your best appetite and join us for a great dinner.
Cost is $8 for adults in advance or $8.50 at the door and children younger than 12 is $3.50 in advance or $4 at the door. Tickets available from any Lion’s member.
The whole hog sausage (prepared by the Lion’s) served to guests is from a 654-year-old secret recipe developed over the years from our charter Lion’s members. This well guarded recipe along with our pancake and genuine buckwheat cakes grilled to a golden perfection will please any appetite.
Also available will be packages of freezer-ready whole hog sausage at the door for $3.50 per one-pound package or two for $7 to take home for your freezer.
• Club Pet Adoption holds a fundraiser, “The Heat is On,” from noon to 6 p.m. Dec. 8 at the Sharon American Legion, 1395 E. State St., Sharon. There will be a Chinese auction and a bake sale. Winning tickets drawn at 6 p.m.
All proceeds will go to heating the kennels at the shelter this winter.
To donate baskets, baked goods or for more information, call Kayleen Cubbal at 724-944-3390 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kennedy Catholic High School’s Student Council will host a sit-down spaghetti dinner from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday in the school’s cafeteria, Hermitage.
Menu includes meatballs provided by Christopher’s at Oak Tree Country Club, salad, bread and beverage.
Dinner is $7. Takouts available. Tickets may be purchased in advance by stopping at the school between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. through Friday.
There will also be a Chinese auction and bake sale.
All proceeds benefit student programs and events.
• St. John’s Orthodox Church will hold a Chinese auction Sunday in the fellowship hall of the church, 3180 Morefield Road, Hermitage. Doors open at 1:30 p.m.; drawings start at 3 p.m.
Admission and refreshments are $5.
Ticket reservations: 724-346-4457.
• Volant Lions serve a pancake breakfast from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 7 at Leesburg Presbyterian Church, Route 19 and Route 208 intersection.
Menu includes buckwheat and regular pancakes along with sausage patties and beverage.
Cost is $7 for adults, $4 for ages 4 to 12 and free for ages 4 and younger.
Sausage will be available for sale.
Santa will be visiting.
• Free coats, clothes and more will be given away at the Jamestown Lions Community Center starting today from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; and from 9 a.m. to noon Thursday and Friday.
Info: 724-932-5589 or 724-813-4997.
• Church Women United in the Shenango Valley holds its 65th anniversary celebration from 2 to 4 p.m. Dec. 8 in Swanson Hall of Hickory United Methodist Church, North Hermitage Road, Hermitage.
Reception ticket donation is 65 cents.
Reservations, call 724-962-5867 by Dec. 1.
• St. Anthony Church, Sherman Ave., is having a fall bread sale. Orders are to be picked up between 3 and 6 p.m. Nov. 26.
Order will be taken for apple and pumpkin pies, plain or raisin bread and cinnamon rolls.
To order, call 724-981-0281 or 1-330-448-4577.
• Holy Cross Church, Maple Drive, Hermitage, will be selling pumpkin rolls from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. every Wednesday at the church. Pumpkin rolls are $12.
Orders can be placced by calling 724-346-9937 on Wednesday mornings or at holycrosshermitagepa.org
Events of interest to the community are published as space permits. Send written information to The Herald, Box 51, Sharon 16146 or e-mail: email@example.com. Information is not taken over the phone.