• The 36th Annual Grove City Rotary Club Radio and Cable TV Auction will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 15. The live auction will be broadcast on WSAJ-FM 91.1 and Armstrong Cable Channel 19.
Over $30,000 in merchandise and services will be auctioned. All bids will be accepted over the phone by calling 724-458-4214.
Bidders are encouraged to go to www.grovecityrotaryclub.org prior to March 14 at noon to register online for a Bidder’s Number or may call the auction phone number starting March 15 to register. All bidders must have a Bidder’s Number to participate in the auction.
This is Grove City Rotary’s fundraiser for the year. Money raised will be used to support several initiatives both in the community and abroad.
Information go to www. grovecityrotaryclub.org.
• A pancake and sausage breakfast will be served from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 16 at the Mercer County Shrine Club, Lamor Road, Hermitage.
Cost is $7 and children younger than age 12 are free.
Proceeds benefit Mercer County Shrine Club & Wheel Patrol.
• A free family breakfast is served from 9:30 to 10 a.m. every Sunday at First United Methodist Church, 237 W. Silver St., Sharon.
Fun activities follow for children and youth and there is adult opportunities for parents/grandparents. Everyone welcome.
• Mercer County Chapter of Parents of Murdered Children, Inc., for families and friends of those who have died by violence, meets from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday and the second Saturday of each at UPMC Horizon, Farrell.
Info: 724-877-1552 or 724-877-3130.
• Greenville Area Historical Society Lecture Series continues at 2 p.m. March 16 at Zion’s Reformed Church, Main Street, Greenville.
Lee Weber will be speaking on the Greenville Rotary Club and its role in the community.
Refreshments available after the lecture.
• Mercer High School class of 1955 gathers for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at The Brass Lantern, Route 18, Transfer.
All classmates and guests are welcome.
• Sharon High School class of 1968 and friends meet at 2 p.m. Saturday and the second Saturday of each month at Perkins Restaurant in Hermitage.
The class has established a bereavement fund so that deceased class members may be remembered. Contributions to the fund may be made to Kathy Difede, 65 Clarksville St., Greenville, PA 16125.
• Sharon High School class of 1952 meets for lunch at 1 p.m. Friday at Avalon at Squaw Creek. Spouses and friends are invited.
• Penn Power retirees gather for breakfast at 9:15 a.m. Tuesday at Denny’s restaurant, Hermitage. Spouses welcome.
• Mercer Garden Club will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at Mercer United Methodist Church.
Gary Church will be the speaker. Members are reminded about the monthly raffle.
Dues are payable to Jack Thiess.
• Primetimers, a 55 and over group, will meet at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Clarks Mills United Methodist Church for fellowship. Eleanor Harkins will present a program about “Chincoteaque Island/Horses” at 11 a.m. Lunch provided at noon.
Info: Church, 724-253-2424.
• The Grove City Area AARP Chapter 3423 will meet at noon March 13 at the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Blair Street.
Those attending are asked to take a hot or cold dish and your own table service.
Beth Black, executive director of Grove City Chamber of Commerce, will talk about the new stores that have recently opened in Grove City.
Meetings are open to all persons 50 and older.
Events of interest to the community are published as space permits. Send written information to The Herald, Box 51, Sharon 16146 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Information is not taken over the phone.