• Shenango Valley YMCA will host its 12th Annual Polar Bear Bike Ride on New Year’s Day. All riders leave the YMCA, 925 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage, at 10:30 a.m.
Riders are encouraged to register early, but registration will also be available the day of the event from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Riders can participate in one of three routes, with distances of approximately 11, 21 or 30 miles. The routes are over lightly-traveled country roads with no rest stops along the way.
There will be lunch, including soup, after the ride at the YMCA.
• The Mercer County Historical Society, 119 S. Pitt St., Mercer, holds a book sale Dec. 19-21 during normal business hours. Before and after the Christmas Candlelight Concert, the Society plans to offer the public its collection of books produced by the Society, a limited selection of older Mercer County histories, books that do not meet the group’s mission (Mercer County and surrounding areas), and a variety of other items including, but not limited to, photos and VHS “hit” movies.
• St. George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage, is having a bake sale. Orders are to be picked up between 3 and 5 p.m. Dec. 23.
Stuffed cabbage is $9 for six; pogaca is $5; apple strudel, $8; and nut roll is $12 each.
To order, call Honey at 724-342-0115 or Desa, 724-528-3708.
• K9’s In Need is having a huge bake sale Saturday and Sunday at the Shenango Valley Mall, Hermitage (by FYE across from JCPenneys).
There will be cookies and treats for both you and your favorite four-legged friends.
• Brookfield High School class of 2003 holds its 10th-year reunion Dec. 21 in Stevenson Inn, Masury. Buffet dinner is from 8 to 10 p.m. Cost is $17.50 a person.
Reservations by Friday at www.BHSclassof2003@yahoo.com or www.facebook.com/SharmayneBolling
• Knights of Columbus Council 4003 will hold their annual Christmas party at 2 p.m. Sunday Hermitage Firehall 3, Mercer Avenue.
Info: Mike DeMartinis 724-981-2436, reservations: Dave Thomas, 724-342-1378; or John Piatek, 724-699-4949.
Events of interest to the community are published as space permits. Send written information to The Herald, Box 51, Sharon 16146 or e-mail: email@example.com. Information is not taken over the phone.