• The American Red Cross hosts these blood drives:
1 to 7 p.m. Monday, Sandy Lake Volunteer Fire Department, 3271 S. Main St.
1 to 7 p.m. Jan. 14, Mercer United Methodist Church, 250 E. Butler St.
1 to 7 p.m. Jan. 14, Jerusalem Christian Church, 560 Donation Road, Otter Creek Township.
8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Jan. 19, gymnasium of Blessed John Paul Elementary School, 2335 Highland Road, Hermitage.
Noon to 6 p.m. Jan. 29, Church of the Good Shepherd, West Middlesex.
Noon to 6 p.m. Jan. 16, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Hermitage.
• UPMC Horizon’s Breast Cancer Support Group meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Womancare Center, Hermitage.
• Overeaters Anonymous is a 12-step support group that carries a message of hope and recovery to millions of compulsive overeaters. There are no dues or fees, no weigh-ins and newcomers are welcome. Meetings are held at these times and locations:
Diagnostic & Imaging Center, Hermitage, 1 p.m. Mondays. Contact is Susan L., 724-748-3278.
Bethany Presbyterian Church, 100 Venango St., Mercer, 6 p.m. Thursdays. Contact is Susan L., 724-748-3278.
• The National Association for Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD) holds a support group meeting for men and women with anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder and their families and friends at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays (except for holidays) in the Founders Room of Notre Dame Church, 2325 Highland Road, Hermitage.
Meetings are free. Info: Renee Zamary, 724-981-5435 or www.anad.org
* Healthy Steps for Older Adults, a free health and wellness tutorial designed to keep seniors independent for as long as possible, will be offered from 9:30 to 11:30 Feb. 3 and 10 in Shenango Valley Senior Community Center, Hermitage.
Register at the center by Jan. 24 to ensure there are enough books. The program is sponsored by the Pennsylvania Department of Aging.
• Tours of Sharon Regional Women’s Center Birthing Center in the hospital, 740 E. State St., Sharon, are available daily from 1 to 5 p.m.
Appointments: 724-983-3927 or www.sharonregional.com for a virtual tour of the Birthing Center.
• Juniper Village at the Shenango Inn, Sharon, hosts a 30-minute Silver Sneakers chair exercise class at 10 a.m. weekdays starting in January. Info: 724-347-4000.
• UPMC Horizon offers these programs:
Silver and Fit, 1 to 2 p.m. today and Thursday, UPMC Horizon Wellness Center, 26 Conneaut Lake Road, Hempfield Township. Info: 724-588-3001.
Birth Place tours, 9 to 10 a.m. today, hospital in Farrell. Register: 724-983-7962.
•OPS, or Take Pounds off Sensibly, meets at 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays in the Diagnostic and Imaging Center, Hermitage. Weigh-ins begin at 8:30 a.m. There is a fee but the first class is free. Register: 724-983-5518 or 800-346-7997.
• Juniper Village at the Shenango Inn, Sharon, hosts a 30-minute chair exercise class by Silver Sneakers at 10 a.m. weekdays in January.
• Dealing with Behaviors and Modifications for the Dementia Patient, a continuing education workshop for health professionals, will be offered from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 25 at Penn State Shenango in Sharon. Fee: $50. Register by Jan. 13. Info: 724-983-2890.
• Help Hotline Crisis Center offers a free two-day Wellness Recovery Action Plan workshop, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today. Info: Nancy Montagna, 330-747-5111.
• ServSafe Training, a course in preventing foodborne illness in food establishments, will be offered by Mercer County Cooperative Extension from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday in Leslie N. Firth Learning Center, Coolspring Township. Fee: $175 and includes the exam and certification valid for five years. Info: Rick Kralj, 814-849-7361. Register: 814-776-5331.