• 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Anderson Amphitheater at Westminster College; free concert by the U.S. Army Field Band and Soldiers’ Chorus.
• 7:30 p.m. Friday on the shores of Brittain Lake at Westminster; free concert by the River City Brass Band followed by fireworks. Take blankets and lawn chairs, picnic baskets welcome, food vendors on site. In case of rain, both concerts will be held in the amphitheater.
• About 10 p.m. Friday in Riverside Park; annual fireworks show, preceded by concert in the park.
• 8 a.m. through evening Saturday at various locations; second annual Heritage Day. Events include: continental breakfast at St. Paul’s, 5K run/walk in Riverside Park, local museum tours, exhibits and refreshments in the park, aircraft displays and rides at Greenville Airport, a car show on Main Street and concluding at 7 p.m. with a USO Show at Thiel College.
• Noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at Shenango Valley RV Park, 559 E. Crestview Drive, Delaware Township; PawsAmerica dog walk, canine carnival and Chinese auction to benefit Canine Partners for Life. Special guest is Tara McKibben of Youngstown and her dog April, who assists her with the tasks of daily living.
• A fireworks display will start at dark Saturday at the Pymatuning State Park dam, Info: 724-932-3142.
• Fireworks by Zambelli Internationale will begin at 10 p.m. Sunday at Conneaut Lake Park near the waterfront. Info: 814-213-0144 or www.clpbeachclub.com
• 6 to 10 p.m. Friday behind Hermitage Middle School; Hermitage Business Association’s third annual fireworks extravaganza, including children’s activities and food vendors. Entertainment by DJ Freddie Fresh begins at 6:30; fireworks at about 9:40 p.m.
Grove City area
• 7 p.m. Saturday at Grove City College’s Robert Thorn Football Field; Grove City’s 12th annual Fourth of July Celebration. The Harrisville Community band and the Air National Guard Military Band of the Mid-Atlantic will perform. Fireworks by Kellner’s at 10 p.m.
American Legion Post 220 and Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 519, both Grove City, donated 2,000 American flags to be given to those who attend.
• 10 p.m. Wednesday; Rachel’s Roadhouse annual fireworks show at the restaurant, 1553 Perry Highway, Springfield Township. Rain date is Thursday.
• A fireworks display will start about 10 p.m. Friday at Yankee Lake.
• Live music will start at 7 p.m. Saturday in downtown Youngstown, followed by fireworks at 9:25 p.m. at the Covelli Centre, 229 E. Front St., Youngstown. Info: 330-742-8710; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids in the news from March 10, 2014
Isaac Williams captures first place at PJAS
Things to do from March 10, 2014
A listing of things to do in the area.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
- More Community Headlines
- Kids in the news from March 10, 2014