• 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Anderson Amphitheater at Westminster College; free concert by the U.S. Army Field Band and Soldiers’ Chorus.
• 7:30 p.m. Friday on the shores of Brittain Lake at Westminster; free concert by the River City Brass Band followed by fireworks. Take blankets and lawn chairs, picnic baskets welcome, food vendors on site. In case of rain, both concerts will be held in the amphitheater.
• About 10 p.m. Friday in Riverside Park; annual fireworks show, preceded by concert in the park.
• 8 a.m. through evening Saturday at various locations; second annual Heritage Day. Events include: continental breakfast at St. Paul’s, 5K run/walk in Riverside Park, local museum tours, exhibits and refreshments in the park, aircraft displays and rides at Greenville Airport, a car show on Main Street and concluding at 7 p.m. with a USO Show at Thiel College.
• Noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at Shenango Valley RV Park, 559 E. Crestview Drive, Delaware Township; PawsAmerica dog walk, canine carnival and Chinese auction to benefit Canine Partners for Life. Special guest is Tara McKibben of Youngstown and her dog April, who assists her with the tasks of daily living.
• A fireworks display will start at dark Saturday at the Pymatuning State Park dam, Info: 724-932-3142.
• Fireworks by Zambelli Internationale will begin at 10 p.m. Sunday at Conneaut Lake Park near the waterfront. Info: 814-213-0144 or www.clpbeachclub.com
• 6 to 10 p.m. Friday behind Hermitage Middle School; Hermitage Business Association’s third annual fireworks extravaganza, including children’s activities and food vendors. Entertainment by DJ Freddie Fresh begins at 6:30; fireworks at about 9:40 p.m.
Grove City area
• 7 p.m. Saturday at Grove City College’s Robert Thorn Football Field; Grove City’s 12th annual Fourth of July Celebration. The Harrisville Community band and the Air National Guard Military Band of the Mid-Atlantic will perform. Fireworks by Kellner’s at 10 p.m.
- Community briefs from April 16, 2014
- Things to do from April 16, 2014
Kyle McDonough earns Civil Air Patrol recognition
Cadet Maj. Emily Conroy, cadet deputy commander of Civil Air Patrol’s Youngstown ARS Composite Squadron, recently presented the Wright Brothers Award and promotion to Cadet Staff Sgt. Kyle McDonough of Hermitage.
- Things to do from April 14, 2014
Eagle Scout Court of Honor held for Michael Funera
An Eagle Scout Court of Honor was held for Michael Funera, son of Mike and Melinda Funera, Hermitage, on April 6. Michael, 17, is a junior at Hickory High School, Hermitage.
Supervisors OK Springfield Commons development
Springfield Township supervisors have approved the developers’ agreement for Springfield Commons, with one official dissenting, citing “too many technical issues.”
Very special art
Grove City College and the Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV have teamed up again for the Very Special Arts Exhibit, which is on display at the college through Wednesday.
- Things to do from April 12, 2014
- Things to do from April 10, 2014
- At the Library
- Community briefs from April 9, 2014
- Things to do from April 9, 2014
- For Your Health for April 8, 2014
40th Frontiers Club event Saturday
Dr. Diana Campbell Jones will speak at the 40th annual awards luncheon of the Mercer County Frontiers Club at noon Saturday in Park Inn by Radisson, Shenango Township.
Student teams excel in global competition
Hermitage School District students competed in the 2013-14 Consortium for Mathematics and Its Applications (COMAP) Competition. Nearly 600 teams from some of the top high schools around the globe participated.
- More Community Headlines