• 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Anderson Amphitheater at Westminster College; free concert by the U.S. Army Field Band and Soldiers’ Chorus.
• 7:30 p.m. Friday on the shores of Brittain Lake at Westminster; free concert by the River City Brass Band followed by fireworks. Take blankets and lawn chairs, picnic baskets welcome, food vendors on site. In case of rain, both concerts will be held in the amphitheater.
• About 10 p.m. Friday in Riverside Park; annual fireworks show, preceded by concert in the park.
• 8 a.m. through evening Saturday at various locations; second annual Heritage Day. Events include: continental breakfast at St. Paul’s, 5K run/walk in Riverside Park, local museum tours, exhibits and refreshments in the park, aircraft displays and rides at Greenville Airport, a car show on Main Street and concluding at 7 p.m. with a USO Show at Thiel College.
• Noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at Shenango Valley RV Park, 559 E. Crestview Drive, Delaware Township; PawsAmerica dog walk, canine carnival and Chinese auction to benefit Canine Partners for Life. Special guest is Tara McKibben of Youngstown and her dog April, who assists her with the tasks of daily living.
• A fireworks display will start at dark Saturday at the Pymatuning State Park dam, Info: 724-932-3142.
• Fireworks by Zambelli Internationale will begin at 10 p.m. Sunday at Conneaut Lake Park near the waterfront. Info: 814-213-0144 or www.clpbeachclub.com
• 6 to 10 p.m. Friday behind Hermitage Middle School; Hermitage Business Association’s third annual fireworks extravaganza, including children’s activities and food vendors. Entertainment by DJ Freddie Fresh begins at 6:30; fireworks at about 9:40 p.m.
Grove City area
• 7 p.m. Saturday at Grove City College’s Robert Thorn Football Field; Grove City’s 12th annual Fourth of July Celebration. The Harrisville Community band and the Air National Guard Military Band of the Mid-Atlantic will perform. Fireworks by Kellner’s at 10 p.m.
Striking a chord
At 84, Bran Vuich feels the typical aches and pains of someone who has lived a life of physical activity.
Things to do from July 26, 2014
A list of some of the events happening in the area in the coming days.
- Things to do from July 25, 2014
His world’s a stage
Andrew Wilson calls working as a musical theater performer a “bipolar lifestyle.”
- Things to do from July 24, 2014
- Things to do from July 23, 2014
- At the Library
Things to do from July 22, 2014
A listing of some of the activities available to the public in the area.
For Your Health for July 22, 2014
A listing of some of the heath-related programs available in the area.
Health briefs from July 22, 2014
Nursing program exams set
‘Dining with Diabetes’ series slated
Things to do from July 21, 2014
A roundup of some the events occuring in the area.
Armstrong’s moon walk wasn’t a shot in the dark
As Farrell resident Ted Pedas watched Neil Armstrong on TV make his historic one small step for man, the budding scientist had no idea he would eventually become friends with the famous explorer.
- Things to do from July 18, 2014
Shoe Our Children at $2,849
The Herald’s annual $25,000 appeal for the Shoe Our Children program through its Good News Fund has raised $2,849.
- Things to do from July 17, 2014
- More Community Headlines
- Striking a chord