• Prom for a Purpose, hosted by Dawson’s Dream Fund Foundation, will be from 8 p.m. to midnight June 13 at Park Inn Suites by Radisson in Shenango Township.
This event is for adults ages 21 and older and is designed to bring back the magic of a memorable high school experience – prom. This is a formal event, complete with a DJ, photographer, a light buffet menu, a cash bar, and an American auction.
Ticket sales are open until May 31. Tickets are $75 a couple and $50 a person. Proceeds from ticket sales will be used to present a grant donation to the Jacob Lewis Memorial Foundation.
Dawson’ Dream Fund Foundation is a newly-founded nonprofit foundation that focuses on fundraising as a means of generating funds to provide grants to be used for the purpose of providing medical and/or educational needs of children.
To purchase tickets, make a donation, or request more information, call Kayla Pumphrey at 724- 967-5938 or Rhonda Kelley at 724-815-1278, or email firstname.lastname@example.org You may also contact us on Facebook at “Dawson’s Dream Fund.”
• Fallen Angel Tattoo & Airbrush, 7196 Warren-Sharon Road, Brookfield, will be raising money for autism April 26. There will be tattoos available for $30, a 50/50 raffle, Chinese auction and temporary autism tatoos for kids.
This is the second year for this event and all proceeds go to the Rich Center of Autism in Youngstown.
• St. George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage, is having an Easter lamb sale. Orders are to be picked up at noon April 20.
Cost for roasted lamb is $13 per pound.
To order, call Milosh, 724-347-3942; or Stephanie, 724-877-2459.
• Westminster College McGill Library will hold its annual used book sale from noon Monday until noon April 4 during regular library hours.
Paperbacks will be sold for $1 and hardcover books for $2. The book sale is open to the public.
Normal library hours are 7:30 a.m. to midnight Monday, 7:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m. to midnight Sunday.
Info: Alex Julio, 724-956-7330.
• Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Mercer, holds fish fry dinners from 5 to 7 p.m. every Friday through Lent in Gallagher Hall.
Dinners include fries, mac & cheese, cole slaw, bread and butter, coffee, tea, lemonade and homemade cake.
Cost is $9 for adults, $4 for children and free for ages 3 and younger. Takeouts available.
• A gigantic garage sale will be held Saturday in the cafeteria of Hickory High School, Route 18, Hermitage.
Items are clean and organized according to groups: Furniture, clothing/shoes, glassware/dishes, holiday items, exercise equipment, toys/books/CDs, movies, frames/pictures, and many more.
Proceeds benefit the Hickory Hornet track and field program.
• All About Children’s Needs, Inc., will hold its sixth annual Chinese auction from 1 to 6 p.m. April 12 at Farrell Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5286, 1233 Idahol St. (corner of Indiana, adjacent to Sunset Bowling Lanes). Drawings begin at 5 p.m.
Among the 75 items included in the Chinese auction are a 40-inch flat screen televison, bike, gift/Easter bakets, gift cards and more. There will also be a 50/50 raffle.
Info: Dan, 724-866-1294.
• The Westminster College McGill Library will host Story Time at 3:30 p.m. today and every Wednesday through April 30. Story Time is free to preschoolers and children of all ages.
Info: Alex Julio, 724-956-7330.
• The Ancient Order of Hibernians meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday and every first Tuesday of each month at Jess’s Junction, Hermitage.
The Ancient Order of Hibernians is an Irish Catholic men’s organization. New members are welcome.
• Penn High School class of 1957 meets for its monthly dinner at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Gallery Grille, Mercer Road, Greenville.
All classmates, spouses and guests are welcome.
• Primetimers, a 55 and over group, will meet at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Clarks Mills United Methodist Church for fellowship. The SLIM Brothers, will hold a concert at 11 a.m. in the sanctuary. Lunch provided at noon.
Info: Church, 724-253-2424.
• The Jamestown Lions will be having a free clothes give-away from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday and Friday at the Lions Community Center. Everyone is welcome; everything is free.
Details, call the center the days of the give-away at 724-932-5589 or 724-813-4997.
• Mercer County Area Agency on Aging, Inc., sponsors a bus trip to Mackinaw Island Aug. 18-22.
Trip includes deluxe motor coach transportation, overnight accomodations with baggage handling, 11 meals, tour protection and driver’s tip.
Details or reservations, call 724-376-3608.