• Mercer Area Library, 110 E. Venango St., offers a six-week introduction to poetry class from 2 to 3 p.m. Saturdays Feb. 1 through March 8.
Learn the basics of crafting poetry through workshops and inspirational activities.
Reservations: 724-662-4233 by Tuesday.
• The American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Mercer will officially get under way as event volunteers and participants gather at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the cafeteria of Mercer High School for a kickoff rally to launch their fundraising efforts for the year.
Volunteers, survivors and the public are invited to learn more about the relay.
Info: 1-800-227-2345 or visit RelayForLife.org.
• Sharon High School class of 1962 meets for lunch at noon Wednesday at Ferrara’s A Taste of Italy, Sharon.
Spouses and guests welcome.
• Brookfield High School class of 1969 girls will meet for lunch at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Leo’s Restaurant, Howland, Ohio.
• Farrell Eastern Star holds a Chinese auction and card party from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 22 at the Kedron Masonic Lodge, Walnut and Erie streets in West Middlesex.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
Community briefs from Feb. 25, 2014
Card shower planned for Orville Dean’s 93rd
Apple Castle hosts pruning demonstration
Water conservation is focus of home tour
Gardeners can get basics of starting seeds indoors
Things to do from Feb. 25, 2014
A listing of happenings and events in the area available to the public.
- More Community Headlines
- 'Les Miserables'