• Sharon American Legion Post 299 will hold their children’s Christmas party for members only from 2 to 4 p.m. Dec. 15.
Applications can be picked up at the legion or by calling Deb Rowe at 724-977-3081 by Nov. 30.
• Animal Advocacy of Mercer and Crawford Counties, Inc. are selling holiday candy from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday at Pet Supplies Plus located in The Hermitage Towne Plaza, Hermitage.
• Animal Appeal has pies available from the annual pie fundraiser at Hermitage Agway. There are a variety, but supplies are limited. These larger frozen fruit and cream pies are ready for baking.
Cost is $9 each and proceeds benefit veterinary care of dogs and cats awaiting adoption.
Pies can be purchased during regular business hours. Info: 724-962-9284 or 724-347-3031.
• Sharpsville High School class of 1959 meets for breakfast at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Perkins Restaurant, Hermitage.
• Central Christian Church, 218 Meadowbrook, Hermitage, is again sponsoring a free community breakfast from 9 to 11 a.m. Nov. 30.
A variety of breakfast items will be served.
There will also be a free coat give-away from 10 to 11 a.m. for anyone in the Shenango Valley who needs a good warm coat. Many usable and gorgeous coats for men and women that have been donated. There is no cost for those who need one.
Arts and crafts
• Clarks Mills United Methodist Church, 3813 Hadley Road, Clarks Mills, holds a craft sale, bake sale, rummage sale, Chinese auction and lunch from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 7.
Lunch available: Homemade soups, pies, sandwiches and more. Soup also available by the quart.
There will be Christmas decorations, toys, jewelry, household items and many crafters and vendors.
Kids in the news from March 10, 2014
Isaac Williams captures first place at PJAS
Things to do from March 10, 2014
A listing of things to do in the area.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
- More Community Headlines
- Kids in the news from March 10, 2014