• Sharon Tube Co. retirees gather at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Sharpsville American Legion for installation of officers and refreshments.
• North Sharon Fire Hall men’s group meets at 6 p.m. Monday and the second Monday of each month.
The group is seeking new members to become a part of the community service organization.
Established in 1945, the group provides scholarships, sponsors programs and holds local events.
Info: Bob, 724-699-0485.
• The Shenango Valley Community Gardeners will meet at 6 p.m. MondayApril 14 at the Community Library of the Shenango Valley, Sharon. Info: svgardeners.org
• Grove City College Children’s Theatre presents “The Emperor’s New Clothes” at 7 p.m. todayApril 12, in Ketler Auditorium of the Pew Fine Arts Center on campus. The event is free. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m.
Info: 724-458-3331, or www.gcc.edu/theater
• The final performance of Grove City High School’s “Once Upon a Mattress” is at 7 p.m. today4/12 in the school. Tickets: $7.
• Sharpsville Historical Society sponsors a bus trip to Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort, Mount Pleasant, Mich. Depart at 7:30 a.m. Aug. 6 from the parking lot of Sharon City Centre and leave casino at 4 p.m. Aug. 8 to return home.
There is an option side trip, a polka music fest (German, Polish, Slovak) in nearby Frankenmuth, Mich. There will be food, drinks and dancing.
Reservations: 724-962-7347. A $50 deposit with reservation is required. Full payment due by June 30.
• Friends of the Community Library of Shenango Valley will hold their spring book sale from 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. May 7; 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. May 8; and 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. May 9-10 in the library basement, 11 N. Sharpsville Ave., Sharon.
Thousands of books, magazines and audio-visuals have been donated for this sale.
All proceeds are donated to the library.