• Pymatuning Joint High School class of 1953 meets for lunch at 12:30 p.m. May 14 at Carini’s in Jamestown.
All class members, spouses and friends are invited.
• Hickory High School class of 1962 is having a mixer/blue jeans dinner beginning at 4 p.m. May 9 with a complimentary appetizer tray at Jess’s, 3640 E State Street, Hermitage.
All are invited, including friends of the Hickory High School class of 1962.
• Sawhill retirees meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the American Legion Hall in Sharon.
All retirees and spouses welcome.
• Farrell High School class of 1952 gathers for lunch at noon May 7 at Perkins restaurant, Hermitage.
• Shenango Valley Urban League is having an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast from 8 to 11 a.m. May 10 at the Urban League, Farrell.
Menu includes pancakes, sausage, coffee and orange juice.
Cost is $10.
Proceeds benefit our NULITES youth leadership program. Pre-sale tickets available at the Urban League.
• That’s What Friends R For is sponsoring a bus trip to Presque Isle Downs and Casino, Erie, on June 1. Bus departs Jess’s parking lot in Hermitage at noon and returns at 7 p.m.
Cost is $50 per person and includes $35 in free slot play and a $5 food voucher.
All proceeds will benefit Rosanne Jackal.
All guests must be 21 years old or older with a valid state issued photo ID.
Tickets available by calling Annette, 724-699-8779; or Kelly, 724-977-5555; or at Jess’s Restaurant. Checks or donations should be made payable to That’s What Friends R For.
• The 2014 Wilmington Area High School Alumni Banquet will begin at 6:30 p.m. July 18 in the high school cafeteria. This year the Alumni Association will honor the 50th anniversary of the class of 1964.
All graduates of the former New Wilmington High School and eligible classes of the Wilmington Area High School will be contacted by representatives of their class concerning attendance and reservations. Cost of the buffet is $20 per person. Payment should be given to the class representative no later than July 7.
The Alumni Association will award two $1,000 scholarships to qualified 2014 WAHS graduates. Scholarships are awarded for those planning to attend college, nursing, technical or trade preparation schools. Interested students should contact their high school guidance personnel.
Anyone interested in making a tax-deductible contribution to the WAHS Alumni Scholarship Fund may do so by mailing payment to: Community Foundation, 7 W. State St., Suite 301, Sharon 16146.