• Stoneboro Garden and Preservation Society presents Santa Claus is coming to town by fire truck from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Dec. 13 at Stoneboro Fire Hall.
There will be cookies and refreshments.
• Wilmington Township Mercer County Civic League will hold its annual Christmas party at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 17.
Cynthia Magyary will provide special music again this year.
Residents in attendance are asked to take two dozen cookies to share and a non-perishable food item or paper product to the party, which will be given to a local family in need.
• The Mercer County Unit NAACP will hold their regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Monday at the office building, 700 Hamilton Ave., Farrell.
• Mercer County Board of Assistance retirees meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Jess’s Junction, formerly Jess’s restaurant, 3640 E. State St., Hermitage.
• ACES cheerleading squad from Tumble Zone, Hermitage, holds an ACES Vendor Splendor from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today at the Veterans of Foreign Wars in West Middlesex.
More than 3 dozen vendors will be selling their goods.
There will also be a Chinese auction, 50/50 and a bake sale.
• Holy Cross Church, Maple Drive, Hermitage, will be selling pumpkin rolls from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. every Wednesday until Christmas at the church. Pumpkin rolls are $12.
Orders can be placed by calling 724-346-9937 on Wednesday mornings or at holycrosshermitagepa.org
Kids in the news from March 10, 2014
Isaac Williams captures first place at PJAS
Things to do from March 10, 2014
A listing of things to do in the area.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
- More Community Headlines
- Kids in the news from March 10, 2014