• Stoneboro Garden and Preservation Society presents Santa Claus is coming to town by fire truck from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Dec. 13 at Stoneboro Fire Hall.
There will be cookies and refreshments.
• Wilmington Township Mercer County Civic League will hold its annual Christmas party at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 17.
Cynthia Magyary will provide special music again this year.
Residents in attendance are asked to take two dozen cookies to share and a non-perishable food item or paper product to the party, which will be given to a local family in need.
• The Mercer County Unit NAACP will hold their regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Monday at the office building, 700 Hamilton Ave., Farrell.
• Mercer County Board of Assistance retirees meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Jess’s Junction, formerly Jess’s restaurant, 3640 E. State St., Hermitage.
• ACES cheerleading squad from Tumble Zone, Hermitage, holds an ACES Vendor Splendor from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today at the Veterans of Foreign Wars in West Middlesex.
More than 3 dozen vendors will be selling their goods.
There will also be a Chinese auction, 50/50 and a bake sale.
• Holy Cross Church, Maple Drive, Hermitage, will be selling pumpkin rolls from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. every Wednesday until Christmas at the church. Pumpkin rolls are $12.
Orders can be placed by calling 724-346-9937 on Wednesday mornings or at holycrosshermitagepa.org
Striking a chord
At 84, Bran Vuich feels the typical aches and pains of someone who has lived a life of physical activity.
Things to do from July 26, 2014
A list of some of the events happening in the area in the coming days.
- Things to do from July 25, 2014
His world’s a stage
Andrew Wilson calls working as a musical theater performer a “bipolar lifestyle.”
- Things to do from July 24, 2014
- Things to do from July 23, 2014
- At the Library
Things to do from July 22, 2014
A listing of some of the activities available to the public in the area.
For Your Health for July 22, 2014
A listing of some of the heath-related programs available in the area.
Health briefs from July 22, 2014
Nursing program exams set
‘Dining with Diabetes’ series slated
Things to do from July 21, 2014
A roundup of some the events occuring in the area.
Armstrong’s moon walk wasn’t a shot in the dark
As Farrell resident Ted Pedas watched Neil Armstrong on TV make his historic one small step for man, the budding scientist had no idea he would eventually become friends with the famous explorer.
- Things to do from July 18, 2014
Shoe Our Children at $2,849
The Herald’s annual $25,000 appeal for the Shoe Our Children program through its Good News Fund has raised $2,849.
- Things to do from July 17, 2014
- More Community Headlines
- Striking a chord