• Stoneboro Garden and Preservation Society presents Santa Claus is coming to town by fire truck from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Dec. 13 at Stoneboro Fire Hall.
There will be cookies and refreshments.
• Wilmington Township Mercer County Civic League will hold its annual Christmas party at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 17.
Cynthia Magyary will provide special music again this year.
Residents in attendance are asked to take two dozen cookies to share and a non-perishable food item or paper product to the party, which will be given to a local family in need.
• The Mercer County Unit NAACP will hold their regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. Monday at the office building, 700 Hamilton Ave., Farrell.
• Mercer County Board of Assistance retirees meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Jess’s Junction, formerly Jess’s restaurant, 3640 E. State St., Hermitage.
• ACES cheerleading squad from Tumble Zone, Hermitage, holds an ACES Vendor Splendor from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today at the Veterans of Foreign Wars in West Middlesex.
More than 3 dozen vendors will be selling their goods.
There will also be a Chinese auction, 50/50 and a bake sale.
• Holy Cross Church, Maple Drive, Hermitage, will be selling pumpkin rolls from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. every Wednesday until Christmas at the church. Pumpkin rolls are $12.
Orders can be placed by calling 724-346-9937 on Wednesday mornings or at holycrosshermitagepa.org
- Community briefs from April 16, 2014
- Things to do from April 16, 2014
Kyle McDonough earns Civil Air Patrol recognition
Cadet Maj. Emily Conroy, cadet deputy commander of Civil Air Patrol’s Youngstown ARS Composite Squadron, recently presented the Wright Brothers Award and promotion to Cadet Staff Sgt. Kyle McDonough of Hermitage.
- Things to do from April 14, 2014
Eagle Scout Court of Honor held for Michael Funera
An Eagle Scout Court of Honor was held for Michael Funera, son of Mike and Melinda Funera, Hermitage, on April 6. Michael, 17, is a junior at Hickory High School, Hermitage.
Supervisors OK Springfield Commons development
Springfield Township supervisors have approved the developers’ agreement for Springfield Commons, with one official dissenting, citing “too many technical issues.”
Very special art
Grove City College and the Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV have teamed up again for the Very Special Arts Exhibit, which is on display at the college through Wednesday.
- Things to do from April 12, 2014
- Things to do from April 10, 2014
- At the Library
- Community briefs from April 9, 2014
- Things to do from April 9, 2014
- For Your Health for April 8, 2014
40th Frontiers Club event Saturday
Dr. Diana Campbell Jones will speak at the 40th annual awards luncheon of the Mercer County Frontiers Club at noon Saturday in Park Inn by Radisson, Shenango Township.
Student teams excel in global competition
Hermitage School District students competed in the 2013-14 Consortium for Mathematics and Its Applications (COMAP) Competition. Nearly 600 teams from some of the top high schools around the globe participated.
- More Community Headlines