• Sharon High School class of 1960 meets for lunch at 1 p.m. Tuesday at The Golden Apple Inn, Broadway Avenue, Wheatland.
All classmates welcome.
• The Past Presidents of the Mercer County Federation of Women’s Club will meet at 12:30 p.m. Dec. 13 in Kobe Japanese Steak House, Hermitage.
There will be a Christmas gift exchange.
Regrets only: Barbara Rickert, 724-981-5356.
• Mercer High School class of 1955 gathers for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Dec. 11 at the Brass Lantern, Route 18, Transfer.
All classmates and guests are welcome.
• Primetimers, a 55 and over group, meets for fellowship at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Clarks Mills United Methodist Church. Joanne Dobson, will have a skit and speaking on whatever she chooses at 11 a.m. Lunch will be provided at noon.
• Knights of Columbus Council 4003 will hold their annual Christmas party at 2 p.m. Dec. 15 Hermitage Firehall 3, Mercer Avenue.
Info: Mike DeMartinis 724-981-2436, reservations: Dave Thomas 724-342-1378 or John Piatek 724-699-4949.
• The Jamestown Lions will hold a public dinner from 3:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Lions Community Center.
Dinner includes braised steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, beverage and dessert.
• The Mercer County Historical Society, 119 S. Pitt St., Mercer, holds a book sale Dec. 19-21 during normal business hours and before and after the Christmas Candlelight Concert, the Society plans to offer the public its collection of books produced by the Society, a limited selection of older Mercer County Histories, books that do not meet our mission (Mercer County and surrounding areas), and a variety of other items including, but not limited to, photos and VHS “hit” movies.
• The Mercer County Historical Society presents a program for its Civil War Roundtable titled “Morgan’s Christmas Raid” on Dec. 10. This program will be presented by Jim Carnes. The doors open at 6:30 p.m.; the program starts at 7p.m.
The Civil War Discussion Group is part of the Historical Society’s ongoing efforts to provide programming related to local history. The roundtable meets the second Tuesday of each month from September through May.
Participation in the discussion group is free. The Historical Society’s headquarters is at 119 South Pitt St., Mercer.
Info: Historical Society at 724-662-3490.
Kids in the news from March 10, 2014
Isaac Williams captures first place at PJAS
Things to do from March 10, 2014
A listing of things to do in the area.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
- More Community Headlines
- Kids in the news from March 10, 2014