• Mercer High School class of 1956 meets at 9 a.m. Saturday at Ryder’s Restaurant, Wilmington Township.
Classmates, spouses and friends are welcome.
• Sandy Lake Community Fun Days is set for Friday and Saturday in G. Turner Craig Park with games, food, a flea market and crafts sponsored by local business and organizations.
The firemen’s parade is at 7 p.m. Friday. Saturday events include a car and antique tractor show, a chicken barbecue, music and fireworks at 10 p.m.
• The Friends of Mercer Area Chamber of Commerce and Brandy Springs Community Park partner for Old Fashioned Day in the Park Friday to Sunday in conjunction with the Mercer Bicentennial Celebration.
Friday will kick off events with the Mercer Community Band Concert on the Courthouse Square at 6 p.m. and The Clarks at 9 p.m.
Saturday will feature historical tours and other activities on the square and arts and crafts, food, games and entertainment from noon to 9 p.m. at Brandy Springs Community Park with a shuttle service available between venues.
A nondenominational church service is set for 11 a.m. Sunday at the park followed by a community picnic from noon to 4 p.m. Bring a covered dish and chair.
• The Slovene National Benefit Society (SNPJ) will host its 33rd Annual Slovenefest, Friday to Sunday at the SNPJ Recreation Center in the borough of SNPJ, Enon Valley, Lawrence County.
It is the largest Slovenian cultural festival in North America, featuring more than 20 Slovenian polka bands and button box accordion clubs at five indoor/outdoor venues.
Admission is $10 per day; a three-day pass is $25 with free parking and shuttle service. Youth 16 and younger get in free.
Info: 724-336-5180 or 1-877-767-5732 or visit www.slovenefest.com for a schedule of events.
• The Shenango Valley Gardeners Tour of Treasures will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Tickets are $10 per person and available at Mehler Insurance, Sharpsville; Thyme In Your Kitchen, Insite Group Inc., and Community Library of the Shenango Valley, all Sharon; DJ’s Greenhouse, Transfer; and Cottage Gardens, Hermitage.
Info: email@example.com, svgardeners.org or svgardeners.org/tour2014.
• A department service officer from The American Legion will be on hand to answer questions regarding veteran and state benefits from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the following dates and locations:
• Today at state Rep. Michele Brooks office, 3 Greenville Plaza, West Hadley Road, Greenville.
• July 17 at American Legion Post 299, 1395 E. State St., Sharon.
No appointment is necessary. Take proof of veteran’s status.
Info: 800-274-8387, ext. 2037.
• Mercer County Chapter Parents of Murdered Children, Inc., for families and friends of those who have died by violence meets from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday and the second Saturday of each month at UPMC Horizon, 2200 Memorial Blvd., Farrell.
Info: 724-877-1552 or 724-877-3130.