• West Middlesex High School Band holds its annual all-you-can-eat soup fest from noon to 3 p.m. Feb. 1 in the high school commons.
Cost is $5 a person and includes bread, crackers and drink. Take your own soup mug or purchase a Big Red mug while supplies last.
There will also be a Chinese auction.
• Case Avenue Elementary School holds a soup fest and Chinese auction from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday in the cafeteria of Sharon High School.
Cost for adults is $5 and children ages 5 to 12 are $3. Drinks will be $1 each and desserts are priced 50 cents to 75 cents.
Donations of 8 quarts of soup, loaves of Italian bread, soup bowls and spoons and gift certificates for the Chinese auction are welcome.
Info: Heather, 724-813-8391.
• A roast beef dinner will be served from noon to 3 p.m. Jan. 26 at the Hartford Masonic Temple, state Routes 7 and 305.
Menu includes roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, noodles, green beans, glazed German carrots, cole slaw, drink and dessert.
Cost is $8 for adults, $7 for seniors, $6 for children, and free for preschoolers.
Dinner is co-sponsored by Jerusalem Lodge 19 and Hartford Order of Eastern Star 518.
• A spaghetti dinner benefit for Craig and Greg Osmon will be 1 to 5 p.m. Jan. 26 in the cafeteria of Sharon High School.
Craig and Gregn and two other classmates, along with another family were involved in a traffic crash in Sharon in November, which claimed the lives of three people. The Osmons have gone through surgeries and extensive physical therapy in their recovery.
Family, friends and loved ones are asking for contributions to make the benefit a success, as the family is encountering mounting medical and household bills.
Cost for dinner is $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 10 and younger. Tickets will be available at the door, from SHS football players or by calling Cindy,330-647-4839.
Donations can be made at any PNC Bank to the Craig and Greg Osmon Benefit Fund.
A Chinese auction will be part of the benefit.
• The Harriett B. Wright Missionary Society will host a soup and sandwich luncheon from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Greater Morris Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 926 Darr Ave., Farrell.
- Things to do from April 19, 2014
Victorian Days slated for June 14
Mercer Victorian Days will return on June 14 on the lawn of the courthouse from 9 a.m to 4 p.m.
Students earn ‘Awesome Authors’ honors at GCC
The Grove City College Department of Education, education honorary Kappa Delta Pi and the Hamilton Curriculum Library honored approximately 70 kindergarten through third-grade creative writers at the Grove City College “Awesome Authors” awards ceremony earlier this spring on the Grove City College campus.
Greenville student wins grand prize at YSU fest
Greenville High School students again scored impressive wins recently at the two-day Youngstown State University English Festival.
BCRC sets programs, year-end shows
The following programs are scheduled for April by Buhl Community Recreation Center, Sharon:
Point is watch movie, then talk about it
A lively discussion is expected for this month’s surprise Mind Over Media movie.
Moderator Ryan Bibza picked the movie, which won’t be unveiled to the public until it’s shown at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at Broad Street Yoga in downtown Grove City.
- Community briefs from April 16, 2014
- Things to do from April 16, 2014
Kyle McDonough earns Civil Air Patrol recognition
Cadet Maj. Emily Conroy, cadet deputy commander of Civil Air Patrol’s Youngstown ARS Composite Squadron, recently presented the Wright Brothers Award and promotion to Cadet Staff Sgt. Kyle McDonough of Hermitage.
- Things to do from April 14, 2014
Eagle Scout Court of Honor held for Michael Funera
An Eagle Scout Court of Honor was held for Michael Funera, son of Mike and Melinda Funera, Hermitage, on April 6. Michael, 17, is a junior at Hickory High School, Hermitage.
Supervisors OK Springfield Commons development
Springfield Township supervisors have approved the developers’ agreement for Springfield Commons, with one official dissenting, citing “too many technical issues.”
Very special art
Grove City College and the Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV have teamed up again for the Very Special Arts Exhibit, which is on display at the college through Wednesday.
- Things to do from April 12, 2014
- Things to do from April 10, 2014
- More Community Headlines