• West Middlesex High School Band holds its annual all-you-can-eat soup fest from noon to 3 p.m. Feb. 1 in the high school commons.
Cost is $5 a person and includes bread, crackers and drink. Take your own soup mug or purchase a Big Red mug while supplies last.
There will also be a Chinese auction.
• Case Avenue Elementary School holds a soup fest and Chinese auction from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday in the cafeteria of Sharon High School.
Cost for adults is $5 and children ages 5 to 12 are $3. Drinks will be $1 each and desserts are priced 50 cents to 75 cents.
Donations of 8 quarts of soup, loaves of Italian bread, soup bowls and spoons and gift certificates for the Chinese auction are welcome.
Info: Heather, 724-813-8391.
• A roast beef dinner will be served from noon to 3 p.m. Jan. 26 at the Hartford Masonic Temple, state Routes 7 and 305.
Menu includes roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, noodles, green beans, glazed German carrots, cole slaw, drink and dessert.
Cost is $8 for adults, $7 for seniors, $6 for children, and free for preschoolers.
Dinner is co-sponsored by Jerusalem Lodge 19 and Hartford Order of Eastern Star 518.
• A spaghetti dinner benefit for Craig and Greg Osmon will be 1 to 5 p.m. Jan. 26 in the cafeteria of Sharon High School.
Craig and Gregn and two other classmates, along with another family were involved in a traffic crash in Sharon in November, which claimed the lives of three people. The Osmons have gone through surgeries and extensive physical therapy in their recovery.
Family, friends and loved ones are asking for contributions to make the benefit a success, as the family is encountering mounting medical and household bills.
Cost for dinner is $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 10 and younger. Tickets will be available at the door, from SHS football players or by calling Cindy,330-647-4839.
Donations can be made at any PNC Bank to the Craig and Greg Osmon Benefit Fund.
A Chinese auction will be part of the benefit.
• The Harriett B. Wright Missionary Society will host a soup and sandwich luncheon from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Greater Morris Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 926 Darr Ave., Farrell.
• Sharon High School class of 1953 meets for lunch at noon Wednesday at Denny’s Restaurant, Hermitage.
• Mercer County Disabled American Veterans Chapter 55 meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Sharon Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1338, 439 E. State St..
• Farrell High School class of 1961 gathers for lunch at noon Monday at Red Lobster, Hermitage. Spouses and friends welcome.
• Packard Electric and Delphi Packard Local 717’s retirees meet at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Local 717’s Union Hall in Warren (Ohio) Commerce Park, 2950 Sferra Ave.
Those attending are asked to take a labeled covered dish and their own table service. This month, a main meat dish will not be provided.
Memberships are to be renewed at a cost of $5.
Events of interest to the community are published as space permits. Send written information to The Herald, Box 51, Sharon 16146 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Information is not taken over the phone.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
Community briefs from Feb. 25, 2014
Card shower planned for Orville Dean’s 93rd
Apple Castle hosts pruning demonstration
Water conservation is focus of home tour
Gardeners can get basics of starting seeds indoors
Things to do from Feb. 25, 2014
A listing of happenings and events in the area available to the public.
High School Speech Team sends eight to state tournament
The Mercer High School Speech Team opened post-season competition Saturday by qualifying eight members to the Pennsylvania High School Speech League state tournament during District 1’s annual qualifying tournament at Pine-Richland High School, Gibsonia. District 1 includes member schools in Mercer, Butler, Crawford, and Erie counties.
- More Community Headlines