• Mercer County Voiture of 40/8 hosts a bus trip to the Meadows Casino on Feb. 23.
Bus departs Sharpsville Plaza parking lot at 9 a.m. and returns at 7 p.m.
Cost is $30 and includes $20 in free play.
Reservations, call Pam Dorfi at 724-347-6009 or 724-301-0690 or Jim Costello at 724-962-6055.
• A free family breakfast is served from 9:30 to 10 a.m. every Sunday at Sharon First United Methodist Church, 237 W. Silver St.
Fun activities follow for children and youth and adult opportunities for parents/grandparents. Everyone welcome.
• Penn High School class of 1957 meets for dinner at 6 p.m. Tuesday and the first Tuesday of each month at the Gallery Grille, Mercer Road.
All classmates, spouses and guests are welcome.
• Salvation Army will hold its fifth annual indoor flea market/garage sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 8 at the center, 660 Fisher Hill, Sharon.
Lunch will be available.
Community briefs from March 12, 2014
Quota Club offering college scholarships
Military social worker to speak at annual dinner
Farm management plan seminar set at library
Kids in the news from March 10, 2014
Isaac Williams captures first place at PJAS
Things to do from March 10, 2014
A listing of things to do in the area.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
- More Community Headlines
- Community briefs from March 12, 2014