• Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 3325 Morefield Road, Hermitage, is having a meat loaf dinner beginning at 5 p.m. Feb. 15.
Cost is $7.50 for adults and $3.50 for ages 10 and younger. Takeouts available.
Tickets can be purchased from any Dorcas member, in advance at the church office or at the door.
• St. George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage, hosts a wild game dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Feb. 15.
Cost for the all-you-can-eat dinner is $20.
Advance tickets, call Mike at 724-528-3708.
• Salvation Army will hold its fifth annual indoor flea market/garage sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 8 at the center, 660 Fisher Hill St., Sharon.
Lunch will be available.
• NUMISMATICS-Wheatland Mercer County Coin Club meets at 7 p.m.. Wednesday, at the Wheatland Borough Building.
Door prizes, special raffles, refreshments. Guests welcome.
• Mercer Area Garden Club will open their 2014 season with a meeting at 7 p.m. Feb. 10 at Mercer United Methodist Church.
Debbie Thompson of Nelson’s Flowers will speak on arranging flowers with a Valentine’s Day theme.
Members are reminded that dues may be brought to the meeting or mailed to: Jack Thiess, 448 E. Butler St., Mercer 16137.
Members may also take items for the monthly raffle.
All members and potentional members are welcome to kick off the 2014 season.
Info: 724-662-5180 or 724-475-4301.
• The Ancient Order of Hibernians meets this Tuesday and the first Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at Jess’s Junction, Hermitage.
The Ancient Order of Hibernians is an Irish Catholic Mens’ Organization. New members are welcome.
• West Middlesex High School class of 1965 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the Middlesex Diner in West Middlesex.
Spouses and friends are welcome.
Info: Beverly Chlpka, 724-962-4806.
• Mercer County Mental Health is sponsoring a bus trip to Presque Isle Casino, Erie, on March 5. Bus departs Sharon City Centre parking lot at 9:30 a.m.
Cost is $35 and includes $35 in free slot play.
Reservations: Edna, 724-962-0792; or Vera, 724-962-9456.
• The Alzheimers Support Group meet for Feb. 4 at Zion’s Church, Main Street, Greenville, has been canceled due to upredictable weather. The support group will resume regular monthly meetings on March 4.
Info: Lois, 724-475-2683.
• Quota of Shenango Valley and Sharon Regional Health System sponsor an American Sign Language I sign language class beginning March 6 at the Diagnostic and Imaging Center, Hermitage. There is a $20 fee.
Things to do from March 12, 2014
A list of events offered to the community in the area.
Community briefs from March 12, 2014
Quota Club offering college scholarships
Military social worker to speak at annual dinner
Farm management plan seminar set at library
Kids in the news from March 10, 2014
Isaac Williams captures first place at PJAS
Things to do from March 10, 2014
A listing of things to do in the area.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
- More Community Headlines
- Things to do from March 12, 2014