• Moraine State Park offers these programs:
Purple Martins and Bluebirds – Up Close, 10 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday at McDanel’s Launch Area Pavilion 7 North Shore. Learn about cavity nesting birds with members of the Bluebird Society. Purple martin houses and bluebird boxes help these fascinating birds, and this program will show you how to observe and help them as well. The entire day is full of activities put on by the Bluebird Society of Pennsylvania, including picnics, walks, and cruises. Details for the rest of the day are on their website: www.thebsp.org/bsp-upcoming-events.html
Fireflies!, 8 to 9:30 p.m. Friday at Lakeview Beach Pavilion 4 North Shore. Join park staff as they fly into the world of lightning bugs. Find out about their unique lives and how to help scientists by counting and observing fireflies in your own backyard.
• Farrell High School class of 1950 meets at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at Montana’s Rib & Chop House, Hermitage.
• Farrell High School class of 1952 meets for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at The Golden Apple Inn, Wheatland.
• A rummage sale will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 12 at the American Carpo-Russ Club, 358 N. Sharpsville Ave., Sharon.
There will be a bake sale, free coffee and hot dogs for sale. Tables available at $10 each.
Proceeds benefit the children’s Christmas party that the club has each year.
• Scouts ages 9 and older can learn about the unique prairie ecosystem at Jennings Environmental Learning Center during a Scout Steward program from 9 a.m. to noon July 26 at the center near Slippery Rock.
The prairie is home to the endangered Massasauga rattlesnake and Baltimore checkerspot butterfly and numerous native prairie plants such as the blazing star.
Register at 724-794-6011 between Monday and July 21. The $5 per person fee must be paid in advance.