• The 2014 Wilmington Area High School Alumni Banquet will begin at 6:30 p.m. July 18 in the high school cafeteria. This year the alumni association will honor the 50th anniversary of the class of 1964. Cost of the buffet is $20 a person. Payment should be given to the class representative no later than MondayJuly 7.
Anyone interested in making a tax-deductible contribution to the WAHS Alumni Scholarship Fund may do so by mailing payment to: Community Foundation, 7 W. State St., Suite 301, Sharon 16146.
• A stuffed pork chop dinner at 12:30 p.m. Sunday at Vincent United Methodist Church, Walnut Street, Jackson Center, includes potatoes, vegetable, applesauce, desserts and beverages. Adults are $8; children younger than 12, $4.
• A huge summer sale will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 24-26 at Fatima Hall, 1225 Union St., Farrell.
Food will be available each day.
• West Middlesex 150th Celebration: T-shirt Day is July 14. Celebration items will be on sale from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 8 and 1 to 5 p.m. July 9 at the gazebo on Main Street in West Middlesex. Info: 724-308-3107.
• Greater Mount Zion Church of God in Christ hosts a community outreach beginning at 6:30 p.m. Monday at Malleable Heights, known as Quinby Street/Ravine Place in Sharon.
There will be music, testimonies, free hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and juice.
• Antique Tractor & Engine Show, July 24-27 at Stoneboro Fair grounds, Stoneboro.
Events include: Oliver tractors and Stover engines, daily tractor pulls, demonstrations, a flea market, food concession stands and a cruise-in.
Exhibitors are weldome.
Admission: $3 daily; children 12 and younger, free. Sunday is free admission.
Camping available. www.mercercountyantiquepower.com.
Details: Walt Darraugh 724-662-5038.
• Mercer Bicentennial events will take place at various times on Mercer’s Courthouse Square and in Brandy Springs Park, state Route 158, just south of Mercer, July 11-13.
On July 11, take a chair to hear Mercer Community Band at 5:30 p.m. and at 9 p.m., The Clarks.
On July 12, on the square, enjoy historical tours, artisans, a quilt show, Civil War encampment, food, farmers market, the music of Cross Creek from 7:30 to 9 p.m. and Hillbilly Way at 9:30 p.m. At Brandy Springs Park, from noon until the fireworks at 9:30 p.m., there will be balloon animals, pizza- and ice cream-eating contests, a car cruise-in at 4 p.m., entertainment, crafts, food, games and more.
On July 13 at Brandy Springs Park, there will be a non-denominational service at 11 a.m. and a commnunity picnic from noon to 4 p.m. Take a covered dish and a chair.
Look for more details at www.mercerbicentennial.com or www.mercerareachamber.com
• Fredonia Volunteer Fire Department Old Home Week is Tuesday through July 12.
Events include a vesper service in the park at 7 p.m. Sunday; firemen’s parade, 7 p.m. Tuesday; 5K race and walk at 7 p.m. Wednesday; pet parade at 7 p.m. Thursday; soap box derby at 6:30 p.m. Friday and chicken barbecue at 5 p.m. July 12. A Bestest Bar Cookie Contest will be held at 7 p.m. July 12.
Info: Tex Ringer, 724-475-4502.
• Reynolds High School class of 1961 meets for lunch at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Carini’s Restaurant in Transfer.
• Mercer County Women’s Connect meets at 8 a.m. Wednesday7/9 at Perkins restaurant, Hermitage. Info and to RSVP for the meetings: mercercountywomensconnectatgmail.com The group is also on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Calls for talent
• The Paper Sky Theatre, announces auditions for its upcoming production of “The Philadelphia Story” by Phillip Barry. Performances are set for Sept. 12 and 13. The play has roles for nine women and six men. There are roles for actors of all ages (from teenage to late 60s or early 70s). Auditions will take place at 1 p.m today at Grove City ArtWorks, 222 S. Broad St.
Info: http://paperskytheatre.wordpress.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Events of interest to the community are published as space permits. Send written information to The Herald, Box 51, Sharon 16146 or e-mail: email@example.com. Information is not taken over the phone.