• A huge summer sale will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 24-26 at Fatima Hall, 1225 Union St., Farrell.
There will be furniture and appliances.
Food will be available each day.
• The annual chicken dinner at the Shenango Valley Masonic Lodge 810 will be 2 to 7 p.m. SaturdayJuly 19 at the lodge, Route 62 and Neshannock Road, Hermitage.
Dinner includes roasted chicken, potatoes, beans, coleslaw, ice cream, coffee, iced tea and juice.
Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 12 and younger.
• The ladies group of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 3325 Morefield Road, Hermitage, will turn “trash” into treasurers when they host their rummage sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday in the church auditorium,
Members of the Dorcas Society will prepare fresh made donuts and other homemade goodies for sale.
Proceeds benefits the group’s church and community projects.
• A book sale will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 26 at Shenango Valley Veterans of Foreign Wars Ladies Auxiliary Post 1338, 439 E. State St., Sharon.
• Mercer County A.B.A.T.E. holds its 36th Annual Poker Run Saturday at the Clark House, Clark. Sign-up is 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Live music by Crow’s Run at 9 p.m.
Free event T-shirt to first 100 people. All vehicles welcome. There will be a half-pound charcoal burger dinner included.
Cost is $15 per person or $25 per couple.
Event held rain or shine.
• Members of Hubbard Friends of the Library are planning a family picnic and inviting the library staff. The picnic is set for July 28 at Harding Park Kyle Pavillion. Food will be served at 5:30 p.m.
Friends will provide sloppy joes, drinks and tableservice. Those attending are asked to take a casserole, dessert or a bag of snacks to share.
There will be bocce, cornhole and other games plus the nearby playground for kids.
Details: Bonnie Viele 330-534-1394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by July 21 with the names of those who wish to join in the fun.
• The Sons of Italy are sponsoring a bus trip to Hard Rock Rocksino, Sept. 25.
Cost is $30 and includes $15 in free slot play and a $5 food voucher.
Proceeds to benefit Mercer County Area on Aging Agency Inc. capital campaign fund.
You must be ages 50 or older to attend.
Reservations: Sharon Albanese-Williams, 724-813-6521 between 4 and 6 p.m. only.
Things to do from July 31, 2014
A list of some of the upcoming events in the area.
Striking a chord
At 84, Bran Vuich feels the typical aches and pains of someone who has lived a life of physical activity.
Things to do from July 26, 2014
A list of some of the events happening in the area in the coming days.
- Things to do from July 25, 2014
His world’s a stage
Andrew Wilson calls working as a musical theater performer a “bipolar lifestyle.”
- Things to do from July 24, 2014
- Things to do from July 23, 2014
- At the Library
Things to do from July 22, 2014
A listing of some of the activities available to the public in the area.
For Your Health for July 22, 2014
A listing of some of the heath-related programs available in the area.
Health briefs from July 22, 2014
Nursing program exams set
‘Dining with Diabetes’ series slated
Things to do from July 21, 2014
A roundup of some the events occuring in the area.
Armstrong’s moon walk wasn’t a shot in the dark
As Farrell resident Ted Pedas watched Neil Armstrong on TV make his historic one small step for man, the budding scientist had no idea he would eventually become friends with the famous explorer.
- Things to do from July 18, 2014
Shoe Our Children at $2,849
The Herald’s annual $25,000 appeal for the Shoe Our Children program through its Good News Fund has raised $2,849.
- More Community Headlines
- Things to do from July 31, 2014