• The annual Irish dinner at the Sharpsville Veterans of Foreign Wars is set for noon to 2:30 p.m. Jan. 26.
Menu includes: Corned beef, ham, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, Irish soda bread, and homemade desserts.
Cost is $10 and takeouts available.
There will also be a 50/50 raffle, Chinese auction and more. All proceeds benefit local charities.
Tickets, call Debbie Fait, 724-962-2712.
• A ham loaf dinner will be served from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Jan. 22 at Fredonia Presbyterian Church, Water Street, Fredonia.
Cost is $9 for adults and $5 for children.
• Seeds of Faith Ministry will be selling fresh baked goods, jewelry, oils, lotions, designer bags and wallets from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. today1/15/14 through Saturday at the Shenango Valley Mall, Hermitage.
Proceeds will benefit the Prince of Peace Center in Farrell.
• West Middlesex High School class of 1959 meets for breakfast at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the Middlesex Diner.
All classmates, spouses and friends are invited.
• Farrell High School class of 1960 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. today at The Golden Apple Inn, Wheatland.
• Sharpsville Historical Society sponsors a gambling spree to Rivers Casino Pittsburgh on Feb. 19. Bus departs Sharon City Centre parking lot at 10 a.m. and leaves the casino at 6 p.m. to return home.
Cost is $35 and includes $20 in slot play and $5 food voucher.
Reservations: 724-962-7347 or 724-813-9199.
• Sgt. David Wallace III benefit dance to celebrate his life is set for Jan. 25 at Sharpsville Veterans of Foreign Wars. Doors open at 8 p.m. Five Deep will play from 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.
Free finger food available and there will be a cash bar. There will be a 50/50 and drawings will be offered.
Proceeds benefit Sgt David Wallace III Memorial Scholarship and Operation Ward 57.
Info: Carol Wallace McKay, 724-962-2088 or Sharpsville VFW.
Kids in the news from March 10, 2014
Isaac Williams captures first place at PJAS
Things to do from March 10, 2014
A listing of things to do in the area.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
- More Community Headlines
- Kids in the news from March 10, 2014