• The Northwest Pa. Auctioneers Association’s annual spring auction to benefit Shriner’s Children’s Hospital in Erie will be Feb. 15 at the Hickory VFW on Route 62, Hermitage. The hospital provides free care and transportation for any child in need of medical services.
The public is being asked to donate or consign quality merchandise for the auction by calling 724-652-2070, 724-654-7933 or 724-253-2189 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• Farrell Eastern Star holds a Chinese auction and card party from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 22 at the Kedron Masonic Lodge, corner of Walnut and Erie streets in West Middlesex.
• Hickory High School class of 1958 Supper Club meets at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Ferrara’s, 869 E. State St., Sharon.
Info: 724-342-0035 or e-mail email@example.com
• Sharon Tube retirees monthly meeting for January has been cancelled.
• Farrell High School class of 1953 gathers for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at Ferrara’s Italian Restaurant, East State Street, Sharon.
• Farrell High School class of 1945 meets at noon Feb. 4 at Montana’s Rib & Chop House, Hermitage.
Classmates and guests are welcome.
• Farrell High School class of 1954 meets at noon for lunch on Wednesday at Red Lobster in Hermitage.
Kids in the news from March 10, 2014
Isaac Williams captures first place at PJAS
Things to do from March 10, 2014
A listing of things to do in the area.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
- More Community Headlines
- Kids in the news from March 10, 2014