• Hermitage Parks & Recreation is sponsoring a bus trip to Cleveland Home & Garden Show on Feb. 15. Bus will leave Hermitage Municipal Building parking lot at 8:30 a.m. and return at 7 p.m.
Cost is $38 a person and includes round-trip motor coach transportation and admission to the dhow.
The bus will stop at Cracker Barrel in Twinsburg for dinner at participants’ expense.
• McQuiston Center by the Park, 29 Railroad St., Sandy Lake, hosts a bus trip to Mackinaw Island, Mich., Aug. 18-22.
• Quota of Shenango Valley and Sharon Regional Health System sponsor an American Sign Language I sign language class beginning March 6 at the Diagnostic and Imaging Center, Hermitage. There is a $20 fee.
• Salvation Army will hold its fifth annual indoor flea market/garage sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 8 at the center, 660 Fisher Hill St., Sharon.
Lunch will be available.
• St. George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage, hosts a wild game dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Feb. 15.
Cost for the all-you-can-eat dinner is $20.
Advance tickets, call Mike at 724-528-3708.
• Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 3325 Morefield Road, Hermitage, is having a meat loaf sit down dinner beginning at 5 p.m. Feb. 15.
Cost is $7.50 for adults and $3.50 for children ages 10 and younger. Takeouts available.
Tickets can be purchased from any Dorcas member, in advance at the church office or at the door.
• A chicken pie dinner will be served from 4 to 7 p.m. Feb. 8 at First United Methodist Church, 237 W. Silver St., Sharon.
Cost is $8 for adults and $3.50 for children. Takeouts available.
• College Club of Sharon meets at 1 p.m. Feb. 8 in the fellowship hall of First Presbyterian Church, East State Street, Sharon.
Rhonda Paglia, author of “The Little Lambs and the Very Special Mission” will speak.
Hostesses will be Nora L. Garay and Carol Flores.
College Club promotes intellectual growth and friendship among college women and to encourage higher education. Any woman who holds a four-year degree or a two-year associate’s degree from an accredited college or university is eligible for membership.
If interested, call Lori Seinar Roknick, membership chairperson, 724-699-2593, or Wanda Marks, president, 724-962-1699, for an application. Guests and prospective members are welcome.
• Primetimers, a 55 and older group, meets at 10:30 a.m. Jan. 28 at Clarks Mills United Methodist Church. Tom and Parker Roth will present a program about raising alpacas at 11 a.m.
Lunch will be provided.
• The Jamestown Area Alumni Association will hold its first meeting of the new year at 6 p.m. Sunday in Jamestown Presbyterian Church.
All committee members are encouraged to attend.
Events of interest to the community are published as space permits. Send written information to The Herald, Box 51, Sharon 16146 or e-mail: email@example.com. Information is not taken over the phone.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
Community briefs from Feb. 25, 2014
Card shower planned for Orville Dean’s 93rd
Apple Castle hosts pruning demonstration
Water conservation is focus of home tour
Gardeners can get basics of starting seeds indoors
Things to do from Feb. 25, 2014
A listing of happenings and events in the area available to the public.
- More Community Headlines
- 'Les Miserables'