• Sharpsville Historical Society sponsors a gambling spree to Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh on Feb. 19. Bus departs Sharon City Centre parking lot at 10 a.m. and leaves the casino at 6 p.m. to return home.
Cost is $35 and includes $20 in slot play and $5 food voucher.
Reservations: 724-962-7347 or 724-813-9199.
• A bus trip to Seneca Allegany Casino, Salamanca, N.Y., to benefit Buhl Farm park is planned for Feb. 16. Bus departs at 8 a.m. from the park and returns at 8:45 p.m.
Cost is $37.50 per person and includes $20 in gaming vouchers.
Reservations: Bud Mehalko, 724-981-5522, ext. 104.
• Shenango Valley Senior Center, 220 N. Buhl Farm Drive, Hermitage, offers these events:
Rivers Casino bus trip, Feb. 20. Cost is $30 and includes $20 free slot play and a $5 food voucher. Those interested need to sign up at the center.
Valentine’s dance, 7 to 10 p.m. Feb. 8, with snacks, beverages and a DJ providing music. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the center of $7 at the door.
Don Gold offers two new art classes March 12. The first is watercolor/acrylic paint class at 10 a.m. and the second, Drawing Made Easy is at 1 p.m. Artist’s demo at the center is at 11 a.m. March 5. If interested call 724-652-0752 or e-mail Gold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 25th annual Grove City Middle School spaghetti dinner will be 4 to 7 p.m. Feb. 7 in the cafeteria.
Dinner includes spaghetti and meatballs, bread, salad, dessert and drink.
Cost is $7 for adults and $5 for students/children and tickets may be purchased at the door.
The dinner will be prepared and served by Grove City Middle School staff.
Events of interest to the community are published as space permits. Send written information to The Herald, Box 51, Sharon 16146 or e-mail: email@example.com. Information is not taken over the phone.
Kids in the news from March 10, 2014
Isaac Williams captures first place at PJAS
Things to do from March 10, 2014
A listing of things to do in the area.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
- More Community Headlines
- Kids in the news from March 10, 2014