• A spaghetti dinner will be served from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at Shenango Valley Masonic Lodge 810, Route 62 and Neshannock Road, Hermitage.
Dinner includes meatballs, salad, drink and dessert. Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children younger than 12. Takeouts available.
A drawing will be held for two free dinners.
• The 25th annual Grove City Middle School spaghetti dinner will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. The dinner includes meatballs, bread, salad, dessert and drink. Cost of the meal is $7 for adults and $5 for students/children; tickets may be purchased at the door. The dinner will be prepared and served by Grove City Middle School staff in the GCMS cafeteria.
• Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 3325 Morefield Road, Hermitage, is having a meat loaf dinner beginning at 5 p.m. Feb. 15. Cost is $7.50 for adults and $3.50 for ages 10 and younger. Takeouts available. Tickets can be purchased from any Dorcas member, in advance at the church office or at the door.
• A pancakes and sausage breakfast will be 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 16 at Mercer County Shrine Club, Lamor Road, Hermitage.
Cost is $7 for adults and children younger than age 12 are free.
Proceeds benefit the Mercer County Shrine Club and Wheel Patrol.
• A benefit soup lunch and Chinese auction for Larry Swartz Sr. is scheduled for noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Shenango Township Social Hall, state Route 18 and Gearhart Road.
Proceeds will help bring Larry home from Utah for additional surgery and rehab. Menu includes soups, salads and desserts. Takeouts available. There also will be Amish doughnuts and baked goods for sale. Cost for dinner is $8 for adults, $4 for children and free for ages 2 and younger.
Info: Betty, 724-342-3483; or Kaila, 724-946-8397.
• St. George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage, hosts a wild game dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Feb. 15.
Cost for the all-you-can-eat dinner is $20.
Advance tickets, call Mike at 724-528-3708.
• Salvation Army will hold its fifth annual indoor flea market/garage sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the center, 660 Fisher Hill, Sharon. Lunch will be available.
- Community briefs from April 16, 2014
- Things to do from April 16, 2014
Kyle McDonough earns Civil Air Patrol recognition
Cadet Maj. Emily Conroy, cadet deputy commander of Civil Air Patrol’s Youngstown ARS Composite Squadron, recently presented the Wright Brothers Award and promotion to Cadet Staff Sgt. Kyle McDonough of Hermitage.
- Things to do from April 14, 2014
Eagle Scout Court of Honor held for Michael Funera
An Eagle Scout Court of Honor was held for Michael Funera, son of Mike and Melinda Funera, Hermitage, on April 6. Michael, 17, is a junior at Hickory High School, Hermitage.
Supervisors OK Springfield Commons development
Springfield Township supervisors have approved the developers’ agreement for Springfield Commons, with one official dissenting, citing “too many technical issues.”
Very special art
Grove City College and the Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV have teamed up again for the Very Special Arts Exhibit, which is on display at the college through Wednesday.
- Things to do from April 12, 2014
- Things to do from April 10, 2014
- At the Library
- Community briefs from April 9, 2014
- Things to do from April 9, 2014
- For Your Health for April 8, 2014
40th Frontiers Club event Saturday
Dr. Diana Campbell Jones will speak at the 40th annual awards luncheon of the Mercer County Frontiers Club at noon Saturday in Park Inn by Radisson, Shenango Township.
Student teams excel in global competition
Hermitage School District students competed in the 2013-14 Consortium for Mathematics and Its Applications (COMAP) Competition. Nearly 600 teams from some of the top high schools around the globe participated.
- More Community Headlines