• A spaghetti dinner will be served from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at Shenango Valley Masonic Lodge 810, Route 62 and Neshannock Road, Hermitage.
Dinner includes meatballs, salad, drink and dessert. Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children younger than 12. Takeouts available.
A drawing will be held for two free dinners.
• The 25th annual Grove City Middle School spaghetti dinner will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. The dinner includes meatballs, bread, salad, dessert and drink. Cost of the meal is $7 for adults and $5 for students/children; tickets may be purchased at the door. The dinner will be prepared and served by Grove City Middle School staff in the GCMS cafeteria.
• Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 3325 Morefield Road, Hermitage, is having a meat loaf dinner beginning at 5 p.m. Feb. 15. Cost is $7.50 for adults and $3.50 for ages 10 and younger. Takeouts available. Tickets can be purchased from any Dorcas member, in advance at the church office or at the door.
• A pancakes and sausage breakfast will be 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 16 at Mercer County Shrine Club, Lamor Road, Hermitage.
Cost is $7 for adults and children younger than age 12 are free.
Proceeds benefit the Mercer County Shrine Club and Wheel Patrol.
• A benefit soup lunch and Chinese auction for Larry Swartz Sr. is scheduled for noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Shenango Township Social Hall, state Route 18 and Gearhart Road.
Proceeds will help bring Larry home from Utah for additional surgery and rehab. Menu includes soups, salads and desserts. Takeouts available. There also will be Amish doughnuts and baked goods for sale. Cost for dinner is $8 for adults, $4 for children and free for ages 2 and younger.
Info: Betty, 724-342-3483; or Kaila, 724-946-8397.
• St. George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage, hosts a wild game dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Feb. 15.
Cost for the all-you-can-eat dinner is $20.
Advance tickets, call Mike at 724-528-3708.
• Salvation Army will hold its fifth annual indoor flea market/garage sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the center, 660 Fisher Hill, Sharon. Lunch will be available.
• The next general meeting of the Democrat Women of Mercer County is at 10 a.m. Saturday in Shenango Valley Senior Community Center, Hermitage.
• Mercer High School class of 1955 meets for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Feb. 12 at the Brass Lantern, Route 18 in Transfer.
All classmates and guests are welcome.
• Mercer County Unit NAACP meets at 6 p.m. Monday at the NAACP office building, 700 Hamilton Ave., Farrell.
• Reynolds High School class of 1961 meets for lunch at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Cianci’s Restaurant, Mercer Road, Greenville. Please note the change in location. The class meets the second Tuesday of each month.
• Mercer Area Garden Club will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at Mercer United Methodist Church. Debbie Thompson of Nelson’s Flowers will speak on arranging flowers with a Valentine’s Day theme. Members are reminded that dues may be brought to the meeting or mailed to: Jack Thiess, 448 E. Butler St., Mercer 16137. Members may also take items for the monthly raffle. All members and potentional members are welcome. Info: 724-662-5180 or 724-475-4301.
• Fredonia Delaware High School class of 1960 gathers for lunch at 11 a.m. Feb. 13 at The Stone Arch in Greenville.
• Hickory High School class of 1953 meets for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at Perkin’s Restaurant, 2945 E. State St., Hermitage.
All classmates and spouses are welcome.
• Primetimers, a 55 and over group, meets at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Clarks Mills United Methodist Church for fellowship. Dee Peterson will present a reenactment of the Civil War and Lincoln at 11 a.m. Lunch will be provided at noon.
• The College Club of Sharon meets at 1 p.m. Saturday in the fellowship hall of First Presbyterian Church of Sharon.
Rhonda Paglia, author of “The Little Lambs and the Very Special Mission” will be the speaker. Hostesses will be Nora L. Garay and Carol Flores. Any woman who holds a four-year degree or a two-year associate degree from an accredited college or university is eligible for membership. If interested, call 724-699-2593 or 724-962-1699, for a application form. Guests and prospective members are welcome.
• Sharpsville High School class of 1952 meets for lunch at noon Friday at the High Street Pub & Grille, Sharpsville.
All class members and friends are welcome to attend. Plans will be made for class members for their 80th birthdays at a Birthday Party to be held Sept. 13.
• Shenango River Watchers is holding its annual public meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Buhl Park Activities Building, located at the Forker Boulevard entrance to Buhl Park.
Details: SRW ofiice, 724-342-5453.
• Mercer Area Library, 110 E. Venango St., Mercer, holds the following events:
Library Lovers Month is a celebration of school, public and private libraries of all types. This is a time for everyone to recognize the value of libraries and to work to ensure that the nation’s libraries will continue to serve. Mercer Area Library staff members will be selling hearts for $1 for the month of February. The hearts will be displayed in the library with the person’s name on them, stating that they “proudly support the Mercer Area Library during Library Lovers’ Month.” When you purchase a heart, you are also entered into a drawing for a Love My Library basket, filled with all kinds of goodies.
In conjunction with Library Lovers Month, Mercer Area Library will hold a Patron Appreciation Day from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Visitors can enjoy Valentine heart cookies, coffee, and tea as well as coupons for library freebies.
• Juniper Village at the Shenango Inn, 1330 Kimberly Road, Sharon, hosts Tour and Sweets Day from 1 to 3 p.m. Feb. 12. Come take a grand tour of the historic Shenango Inn. Afterwards enjoy a hot beverage and warm piece of homemade pie.
Participants will leave with a complimentary goodie bag.