• The retired employees of the Reynolds and Sharon plants of Westinghouse Electric Corp. will meet at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Activities Building in Buhl Farm Park, Hermitage.
Take a former co-worker.
• Farrell High School class of 1956 meets for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Monday at Thelma’s Sports Nook, High Street, Sharpsville.
• Penn Power retirees gather for breakfast at 9:15 a.m. Tuesday at Denny’s Restaurant, Hermitage.
• Sharon High School class of 1952 meets for lunch at 1 p.m. today at Muscarella’s, in Sharpsville.
Spouses and friends welcome.
• The retired employees of the Reynolds and Sharon plants of Westinghouse Electric Corp. will meet at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Activities Building in Buhl Farm, Hermitage.
Take a former co-worker.
• Quota International of Hermitage’s Gutchies for Kidz program continues to accept new undergarments for school-age children through high school. Dropoff tubs are at:
Knott’s Interiors – 1505 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
Greenville Savings Bank – 550 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
Je’riel Fashions – 1550 E. State St., Hermitage
Lori Rollinson’s Hair Boutique – 22 E. Shenango St., Sharpsville
Info: 724-347-7410 or 724-699-7282.
• Ithen Global, near the North Broad Street railroad tracks in Grove City, is holding a $1 T-shirt sale and is donating $1 to the Grove City Community Food Pantry for every T-shirt purchased now through the end of February. Also through the end of the month, anyone who brings in 10 or more canned goods will receive a free Pittsburgh T-shirt of their choice.
Also, the food pantry, at 114. S. Center St., in February requests any shelf-stable canned fruit, such as peaches, pears, mandarin oranges, and pineapple; pure fruit juice; applesauce, apple butter, fruit cocktail, fruit snacks, fruit roll-ups; fresh fruit; dried fruit; water-packed or “no sugar added” fruit products.
Info and to volunteer: www.gccommunityfoodpantry.org and 724-458-5208.
• Quota of Shenango Valley and Sharon Regional Health System sponsor an American Sign Language I sign language class beginning March 6 at the Diagnostic and Imaging Center, Hermitage. There is a $20 fee.
• Greenville Area Historical Society Lecture Series continues at 2 p.m. Feb. 16 at Zions Reformed Church, Main Street, Greenville.
Greg Landfried will be speaking on the Greenville Fraternal Order of Elks and it’s role in the community.
Refreshments served after the lecture.
• New Light Christian Education Center, 753 Cedar Ave., Sharon, present its Second Annual Youth Celebration “Dare 2 Dream Embrace the Difference,” a salute to black historian, at 2 p.m. Sunday.
Event includes Sunday dinner and a healthy heart presentation by a local sponsor.
This is a free event, sponsored by AmeriHealth Caritas.
• Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Mercer, is sponsoring a bus trip to the newly opened Hard Rock Rocksino in Northfield Park, Ohio, on March 13. Bus departs the church parking lot at 9 a.m. Participants will leave casino at 4:30 p.m. to return home.
Cost is $35 per person and includes $15 incentives and $5 food voucher.
Details: Marge, 724-854-1503.
Kids in the news from March 10, 2014
Isaac Williams captures first place at PJAS
Things to do from March 10, 2014
A listing of things to do in the area.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
- More Community Headlines
- Kids in the news from March 10, 2014