• The retired employees of the Reynolds and Sharon plants of Westinghouse Electric Corp. will meet at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Activities Building in Buhl Farm Park, Hermitage.
Take a former co-worker.
• Farrell High School class of 1956 meets for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Monday at Thelma’s Sports Nook, High Street, Sharpsville.
• Penn Power retirees gather for breakfast at 9:15 a.m. Tuesday at Denny’s Restaurant, Hermitage.
• Sharon High School class of 1952 meets for lunch at 1 p.m. today at Muscarella’s, in Sharpsville.
Spouses and friends welcome.
• The retired employees of the Reynolds and Sharon plants of Westinghouse Electric Corp. will meet at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Activities Building in Buhl Farm, Hermitage.
Take a former co-worker.
• Quota International of Hermitage’s Gutchies for Kidz program continues to accept new undergarments for school-age children through high school. Dropoff tubs are at:
Knott’s Interiors – 1505 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
Greenville Savings Bank – 550 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
Je’riel Fashions – 1550 E. State St., Hermitage
Lori Rollinson’s Hair Boutique – 22 E. Shenango St., Sharpsville
Info: 724-347-7410 or 724-699-7282.
• Ithen Global, near the North Broad Street railroad tracks in Grove City, is holding a $1 T-shirt sale and is donating $1 to the Grove City Community Food Pantry for every T-shirt purchased now through the end of February. Also through the end of the month, anyone who brings in 10 or more canned goods will receive a free Pittsburgh T-shirt of their choice.
Also, the food pantry, at 114. S. Center St., in February requests any shelf-stable canned fruit, such as peaches, pears, mandarin oranges, and pineapple; pure fruit juice; applesauce, apple butter, fruit cocktail, fruit snacks, fruit roll-ups; fresh fruit; dried fruit; water-packed or “no sugar added” fruit products.
Info and to volunteer: www.gccommunityfoodpantry.org and 724-458-5208.
• Quota of Shenango Valley and Sharon Regional Health System sponsor an American Sign Language I sign language class beginning March 6 at the Diagnostic and Imaging Center, Hermitage. There is a $20 fee.
• Greenville Area Historical Society Lecture Series continues at 2 p.m. Feb. 16 at Zions Reformed Church, Main Street, Greenville.
Greg Landfried will be speaking on the Greenville Fraternal Order of Elks and it’s role in the community.
Refreshments served after the lecture.
• New Light Christian Education Center, 753 Cedar Ave., Sharon, present its Second Annual Youth Celebration “Dare 2 Dream Embrace the Difference,” a salute to black historian, at 2 p.m. Sunday.
Event includes Sunday dinner and a healthy heart presentation by a local sponsor.
This is a free event, sponsored by AmeriHealth Caritas.
• Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Mercer, is sponsoring a bus trip to the newly opened Hard Rock Rocksino in Northfield Park, Ohio, on March 13. Bus departs the church parking lot at 9 a.m. Participants will leave casino at 4:30 p.m. to return home.
Cost is $35 per person and includes $15 incentives and $5 food voucher.
Details: Marge, 724-854-1503.