• Hickory High School class of 1960 meets for lunch at noon Saturday at Thelma’s Sports Nook, High Street, Sharpsville.
• West Middlesex High School class of 1970 gathers for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Billy’s Black and Gold, Sharpsville Avenue, Sharon.
All classmates and friends are welcome.
• Mercer County Toastmasters Club will meet at 6:15 p.m. Wednesday in conference room 2 of UPMC Horizon, 2200 Memorial Drive, Farrell.
Meetings last approximately one hour and guests are welcome to attend. Toastmasters offers a proven and an enjoyable way to practice communication and leadership skills. Toastmasters is a nonprofit organization with more than 280,000 members in 13,500 clubs in 116 countries.
Information visit the Mercer County Club’s website at http://9057.toastmastersclubs.org or call club treasurer Ruth Ray at 724-658-4138.
• Sharon High School class of 1954 will hold their 60th class reunion Sept. 12 at the Avalon Golf and Country Club at Buhl Park, Hermitage.
If you would like to help or have any questions, call Mary Ann at 724-347-5009.
• Jamestown Lions will hold their monthly public dinner from 3:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Lion’s Community Center.
They will be serving stuffed pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, beverage and dessert.
Takeouts available. There is a charge.
• Highway to Heaven Team Ministries Inc. is having a spaghetti dinner fundraiser from noon to 6 p.m. Wednesday at Triple D’s Diner, 605 Roemer Blvd., Farrell.
Menu includes meatballs, Italian bread, garden salad, dessert and beverage.
Cost is $10.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
Community briefs from Feb. 25, 2014
Card shower planned for Orville Dean’s 93rd
Apple Castle hosts pruning demonstration
Water conservation is focus of home tour
Gardeners can get basics of starting seeds indoors
Things to do from Feb. 25, 2014
A listing of happenings and events in the area available to the public.
- More Community Headlines
- 'Les Miserables'