• Primary Health Network Charitable Foundation sponsors its sixth annual Snowball Crawl on Saturday. Registration and brunch buffet are from 10 a.m. to noon at Park Inn by Radisson in Shenango Township. The crawl continues until 6:30 p.m. at numerous locations throughout the Shenango Valley, where participants can show off their putting skills at the holes each location has created. The event ends back at the Park Inn with awards, dinner and dancing and live music. Cost is $35 per golfer. Register online at phnfoundation.net/snowball-crawl or the foundation’s Facebook page.
• Wheatland-Farrell United Methodist Church holds an all-you-can-eat pancake and sausage breakfast from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the church at 75 Mercer Ave., Wheatland. Tickets: $6 for adults, $3 for children age 4 through 12, and free for ages 3 and younger. Proceeds benefit the church’s general fund.
• Lakeview Public Library holds a book sale from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 7 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 8 in Sandy Lake Borough Building.
• Quota International of Hermitage’s Gutchies for Kidz program continues to accept new undergarments for school-age children through high school. The group is also collected PJs for the holiday season.
Dropoff tubs are at:
Knott’s Interiors – 1505 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
Greenville Savings Bank – 550 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
Je’riel Fashions – 1550 E. State St., Hermitage
Lori Rollinson’s Hair Boutique – 22 E. Shenango St., Sharpsville
Info: 724-347-7410 or 724-699-7282.
• A family-style roast beef dinner will be served from noon to 3 p.m. Sunday at Hartford Masonic Temple, state routes 305 and 7. Menu also includes mashed potatoes and gravy, noodles, glazed German carrots, green beans, cole slaw, beverage and dessert. Tickets: $8 for adults; $7 for seniors; $6 for children; and free for preschoolers. The dinner is co-sponsored by Jerusalem Lodge 19 & Hartford Order of Eastern Star 518.
- Community briefs from April 16, 2014
- Things to do from April 16, 2014
Kyle McDonough earns Civil Air Patrol recognition
Cadet Maj. Emily Conroy, cadet deputy commander of Civil Air Patrol’s Youngstown ARS Composite Squadron, recently presented the Wright Brothers Award and promotion to Cadet Staff Sgt. Kyle McDonough of Hermitage.
- Things to do from April 14, 2014
Eagle Scout Court of Honor held for Michael Funera
An Eagle Scout Court of Honor was held for Michael Funera, son of Mike and Melinda Funera, Hermitage, on April 6. Michael, 17, is a junior at Hickory High School, Hermitage.
Supervisors OK Springfield Commons development
Springfield Township supervisors have approved the developers’ agreement for Springfield Commons, with one official dissenting, citing “too many technical issues.”
Very special art
Grove City College and the Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV have teamed up again for the Very Special Arts Exhibit, which is on display at the college through Wednesday.
- Things to do from April 12, 2014
- Things to do from April 10, 2014
- At the Library
- Community briefs from April 9, 2014
- Things to do from April 9, 2014
- For Your Health for April 8, 2014
40th Frontiers Club event Saturday
Dr. Diana Campbell Jones will speak at the 40th annual awards luncheon of the Mercer County Frontiers Club at noon Saturday in Park Inn by Radisson, Shenango Township.
Student teams excel in global competition
Hermitage School District students competed in the 2013-14 Consortium for Mathematics and Its Applications (COMAP) Competition. Nearly 600 teams from some of the top high schools around the globe participated.
- More Community Headlines