• Primary Health Network Charitable Foundation sponsors its sixth annual Snowball Crawl on Saturday. Registration and brunch buffet are from 10 a.m. to noon at Park Inn by Radisson in Shenango Township. The crawl continues until 6:30 p.m. at numerous locations throughout the Shenango Valley, where participants can show off their putting skills at the holes each location has created. The event ends back at the Park Inn with awards, dinner and dancing and live music. Cost is $35 per golfer. Register online at phnfoundation.net/snowball-crawl or the foundation’s Facebook page.
• Wheatland-Farrell United Methodist Church holds an all-you-can-eat pancake and sausage breakfast from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the church at 75 Mercer Ave., Wheatland. Tickets: $6 for adults, $3 for children age 4 through 12, and free for ages 3 and younger. Proceeds benefit the church’s general fund.
• Lakeview Public Library holds a book sale from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 7 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 8 in Sandy Lake Borough Building.
• Quota International of Hermitage’s Gutchies for Kidz program continues to accept new undergarments for school-age children through high school. The group is also collected PJs for the holiday season.
Dropoff tubs are at:
Knott’s Interiors – 1505 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
Greenville Savings Bank – 550 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
Je’riel Fashions – 1550 E. State St., Hermitage
Lori Rollinson’s Hair Boutique – 22 E. Shenango St., Sharpsville
Info: 724-347-7410 or 724-699-7282.
• A family-style roast beef dinner will be served from noon to 3 p.m. Sunday at Hartford Masonic Temple, state routes 305 and 7. Menu also includes mashed potatoes and gravy, noodles, glazed German carrots, green beans, cole slaw, beverage and dessert. Tickets: $8 for adults; $7 for seniors; $6 for children; and free for preschoolers. The dinner is co-sponsored by Jerusalem Lodge 19 & Hartford Order of Eastern Star 518.
• Mentors for Self-Determination and the Special Kids Network present a free family connection gathering for families with children and youth who have intellectual disabilities. The program is set for 6 to 8 p.m. today in Jackson Conference Room on the third floor of Zion’s Reformed United Church of Christ, 260 Main St., Greenville. Reservations: 814-270-5553. The Special Kids Network is a partnership with Pennsylvania Elks Major Projects Inc.
• Sharon Regional Health System presents the children’s program, Story Hour: Tacky the Penguin, at 10 a.m. FridayFeb. 21 in the Diagnostic & Imaging Center, Hermitage. Register: 724-983-5518 or 800-346-7997.
• Cheerleading tryouts for girls entering grades seven through 12 in Hermitage School District are set for 4 p.m. March 7 in the gymnasium of Artman Elementary School. Signups are under way in the Artman school office through Feb. 28; tryout packets will be available starting Friday. Pre-tryout clinics are 7 to 8:30 p.m. March 3, 5 and 6 in Artman gym.
• Seats are still available for Shenango Valley Senior Community Center’s bus trip to Rivers Casino, Pittsburgh, on Thursday. Cost is $30 with $20 free slot play and a $5 food voucher. Reserve a seat by stopping in today at the center on North Buhl Farm Drive in Hermitage.
Events of interest to the community are published as space permits. Send written information to The Herald, Box 51, Sharon 16146.