• The Fourth Annual Chinese Auction to benefit Mercer County Mental Health Association is April 6 at the Sharon American Legion Post 299, 1395 E. State St. Doors open at 12:30 p.m. and auction begins at 3 p.m.
Cost is $5.
There will be extra raffles to include larger items, baskets, 50/50, money bouquet and more. Snacks will be available.
Purchase a ticket prior to March 24 and receive a free sheet of tickets.
Info: 724-347-1303 or 724-866-2788.
• Lakeview Public Library holds a book sale from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 7 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 8 in Sandy Lake Borough Building.
• Friends of Grove City Community Library is accepting gently used books, DVDs, CDs and magazines through Feb. 28 for its March book sale.
Health briefs from July 22, 2014
Nursing program exams set
‘Dining with Diabetes’ series slated
Things to do from July 21, 2014
A roundup of some the events occuring in the area.
Armstrong’s moon walk wasn’t a shot in the dark
As Farrell resident Ted Pedas watched Neil Armstrong on TV make his historic one small step for man, the budding scientist had no idea he would eventually become friends with the famous explorer.
- Things to do from July 18, 2014
Shoe Our Children at $2,849
The Herald’s annual $25,000 appeal for the Shoe Our Children program through its Good News Fund has raised $2,849.
- Things to do from July 17, 2014
Social services group sets 1st recognition event
Isaiah 49, Inc. will have its First Annual Community Recognition Luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. July 26 at The Corinthian in Sharon. Tickets are $35 and must be purchased by Sunday.
4-H Roundup highlights youth
The Mercer County 4-H Roundup will be held July 28 through Aug. 3 at the Mercer 4-H Park, located on Route 19 north of Mercer. New activities and opportunities are planned for the public this year.
First all-class reunion this weekend
Former Sharon High School students, teachers, coaches and administrators are invited to join the first all-class reunion weekend, sponsored by the class of 1989.
- Things to do from July 16, 2014
Things to do from July 15, 2014
A listing of some of the upcoming events in the area.
- Things to do from July 14, 2014
Models in flight
Piped fences, lawn ornaments blowing in the wind and a wide open field add up to the Hubbard Wingsnappers’ runway.
Things to do from July 10, 2014
A listing of some of the things to do in the area in the coming days.
- Things to do from July 9, 2014
- More Community Headlines
- Health briefs from July 22, 2014