• Jamestown Lions Club holds a clothing giveaway from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. today, Thursday and Friday at the Lions community center.
Good clothing can be donated at the center. People in need can browse to see what they can find. Everything is free. Everyone is welcome.
Info: 724-932-5589 on the days of the giveaway, or anytime at 724-813-4997.
• Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Mercer, is sponsoring a bus trip to the newly opened Hard Rock Rocksino in Northfield, Ohio, on March 13. Bus departs at 9 a.m. from the church parking lot and will leave the casino at 4:30 p.m. to return home.
Cost is $35 a person and includes $15 incentives and $5 food voucher.
Info: Marge, 724-854-1503.
• The Ancient Order of Hibernians meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday and the first Tuesday of each month at Jess’s Junction, Hermitage.
The group is an Irish Catholic men’s organization. New members are welcome.
• NUMISMATICS – Wheatland Mercer County Coin Club meets at 7 p.m. March 5 and the first Wednesday of each month in Wheatland Borough Building.
There will be special raffles, door prizes and refreshments.
Guests are welcome.
• Primetimers, a 55 and older group, meets at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Clarks Mills United Methodist Church. Eileen Opitz, will speak at 11 a.m. on “Be Happy.” Lunch is served at noon.
• Members of Mercer County Historical Society who would like to help plan the society’s representation in the Mercer Borough Bicentennial celebration are urged to attend a short meeting at 4 p.m. Tuesday in the society library. The event will be July 12; the celebration is from July 11-13.
• Friends of the Grove City Community Library will host its biannual used book sale starting Monday through March 22 during regular library hours. Come earlier for the best selection of fiction and nonfiction books, children’s and youth materials, videos, and audio books.
All proceeds benefit Grove City Community Library.
• Highway to Heaven Team Ministries Inc. will serve a homemade salisbury streak dinner from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday at Triple D’s Diner, Farrell.
Menu includes butter whipped mashed potatoes, sweet corn, dinner roll, dessert and beverage.
Cost is $10.
• Grace United Methodist Church, 210 S. Broad St., Grove City, hosts Soup & Bread Line Meal, with bowls made by students of George Junior Republic’s Art-2-0 program and Grove City College from noon to 3 p.m. Sunday.
Proceeds benefit Grove City Community Food Pantry.
Tickets including bread and soup in a one-of-a-kind bowl to keep: $10 adults and $5 for ages 16 and younger.
Events of interest to the community are published as space permits. Send written information to The Herald, Box 51, Sharon 16146 or e-mail: email@example.com. Information is not taken over the phone.