• Jackson Grange 1506 meets at noon Dec. 21 at the grange hall, Jackson Center.
All attending are asked to take a casserole and place setting for the tureen dinner. Drink will be provided.
Following the regular meeting, a cookie exchange will be enjoyed. Members are asked to take a dozen cookies to share.
The Christmastime cookie exchange has been a Jackson Grange tradition 25 years or more.
• Sharon Tube Co. retirees will hold their annual Christmas party at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Sharpsville Amercan Legion.
There will be bingo, Chinese auction and a $5 gift exchange.
Cost is $10 per person for dinner.
• Greenville Penn High School class of 1949 gathers for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at The Brass Lantern, Route 18. Please note the change in location.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
Community briefs from Feb. 25, 2014
Card shower planned for Orville Dean’s 93rd
Apple Castle hosts pruning demonstration
Water conservation is focus of home tour
Gardeners can get basics of starting seeds indoors
Things to do from Feb. 25, 2014
A listing of happenings and events in the area available to the public.
High School Speech Team sends eight to state tournament
The Mercer High School Speech Team opened post-season competition Saturday by qualifying eight members to the Pennsylvania High School Speech League state tournament during District 1’s annual qualifying tournament at Pine-Richland High School, Gibsonia. District 1 includes member schools in Mercer, Butler, Crawford, and Erie counties.
- More Community Headlines