• Farrell High School class of 1945 meets at noon Jan. 7 at Montana’s Rib & Chop House, Hermitage.
All classmates and guests are welcome.
• Animal Appeal, a pet education and rescue organization, is in need of laundry detergent, paper towels, fabric softner sheets, bleech and dishwashing liquid. Drop-offs can be made at Hermitage Agway, 4065 E. State St., Hermitage.
These items are needed for the dog and cat care given at the shelter.
Info: 724-347-3031 or 724-962-9284.
• Donations of gently used/good condition household items for the Mercer County Independent Living Program Youth Transitioning into Adulthood are needed.
Any household items that are in gently used/good condition. Would be willing to pick up.
Information or for pickup, call Whitney, 724-992-3869.
• Shenango Valley YMCA will host its 12th Annual Polar Bear Bike Ride on New Year’s Day. All riders leave the YMCA, 925 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage, at 10:30 a.m.
Riders are encouraged to register early, but registration will also be available the day of the event from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Riders can participate in one of three routes, with distances of approximately 11, 21 or 30 miles. The routes are over lightly traveled country roads with no rest stops along the way.
After the ride, the YMCA will host lunch, including soup.
• St. George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage, is having a bake sale. Orders are to be picked up between 3 and 5 p.m. Monday.
Stuffed cabbage is $9 for six; pogaca is $5; apple strudel, $8; and nut rolls are $12 each.
Orders: Honey, 724-342-0115; or Desa, 724-528-3708.
Events of interest to the community are published as space permits. Send written information to The Herald, Box 51, Sharon 16146 or e-mail: email@example.com. Information is not taken over the phone.