The Pymatuning Trail Blazers Snowmobile Club has announced the schedule of events for their 38th Annual Winter Fun Days at Pymatuning State Park, Shelter 4 at the Old Jamestown Beach on Feb. 8 and 9.
Breakfast will be available to purchase both mornings in the warmth of Shelter No. 4 from 8 to 11 a.m.; lunch will be available from 11 a.m. until closing.
• There will be an area cleared for ice skating on both days. Bring your own skates.
• Pick-up pond hockey games will be held Feb. 8 from noon to 6 p.m. and Feb. 9 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Get your group of friends together to form a team and bring your skates and sticks.
• A new event this year will be “Hillbilly Curling” from noon to 6 p.m. Feb. 8 and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 9. Equipment will be provided.
• Ice fishing tournament sponsored by the Pymatuning Lake Association will be held Feb. 8 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Cash prizes for the longest walleye ($350), crappie ($250) and perch ($150) will be awarded. Additional information is on the Association’s website: www.PymatuningLake.com
• Beginner’s snowshoeing from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 8 at the environmental classroom at the Jamestown Marina. Snowshoes will be provided. An adult must accompany children on the snowshoe walks. Questions, call 724-932-3971.
• Free snowmobile rides (minimum of 4 inches of snow) for children from noon to 3 p.m. on both days and a guided snowmobile trail ride starting at 2 p.m. Feb. 8.
A Frozen 5K Run has also been scheduled for Feb. 8. Info: Heather_Harmon@jamestown.k12.pa.us
Other attractions: vintage snowmobile display; a chainsaw carver; a Chinese auction; children’s sled riding; and a horse-drawn hayride in the park.
Winter Fun Days will be held regardless of the weather. For more information or questions, contact the Pymatuning State Park office 724-932-3142 or Pymatuning Trail Blazers Snowmobile Club President Denny Diodati at 814-720-6584; or visit their website www.PymatuningTrailBlazers.com