Scott James of Hermitage earned the Nursing Proficiency Award, which the faculty presents to the student who best exemplifies attributes needed to be a competent and caring clinical practitioner.
Other graduates were: Amanda Gurley and Joshua Douglas, both Greenville; Brian Williams, Rhema Ward and Elizabeth Morgan, all Hermitage; Patty Alfredo, Sharpsville; Patrick Moats and Shannon Powell, both Sharon; Marlene Gaggini, Mercer; Samantha Staab, Espyville; David Higley and Shafaq Tankersley, both New Castle; Ralph McMahon and Kevin Durig, both McDonald, Ohio; and Janine Bahler, Hubbard.
Scholarships and their recipients were:
• Elizabeth Morgan, the Sara Jean Clark Memorial Scholarship;
• Patty Alfredo, the Jennifer Hawke-Petit Memorial Scholarship;
• Marlene Gaggini, the Rosemary Moder Scholarship;
• Rhema Ward, the Ann Boyle Memorial Scholarship;
• Amanda Gurley, the Margaret E. “Marge” Tice Memorial Scholarship;
• Samantha Staab, the Masternick Scholarship;
• Scott James, the Pauline “Pinky” Rowlands Scholarship;
• Janine Bahler and Scott James, the Barnes Memorial Scholarship.
John R. “Jack” Janoso, Jr., president and CEO of Sharon Regional, presented scholarships. Lisa Bertolasio, vice president of patient care services and chief nursing officer, gave the graduation address. William Strimbu, chairman of the Sharon Regional board of directors, presented diplomas.