• Shenango Valley Senior Center, 220 N. Buhl Farm Drive, Hermitage, offers these events:
New strength training sessions begin at 11:15 a.m. Jan. 22.
Meadows Casino bus trip, Jan. 23. Cost is $30 with $20 in free slot play. Visit the center to reserve a seat.
Healthy Steps for Older Adults, a health and wellness tutorial designed to keep seniors independent for as long as possible, sponsored by the state Department of Aging; 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Feb. 3 and 10. Free but participants must sign up by Jan. 24.
Dr. Robert Piston provides free hand screenings from 2 to 4 p.m. Feb. 7.
Valentine’s Dance, 7 to 10 p.m. Feb. 8. There will be snacks, beverages and a DJ will provide music. Tickets are $5 in advance at the center or $7 at the door.
• The “Day of Remembrance” free luncheon to commemorate the life and legacy of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. begins at 12:30 p.m. Jan. 20 on the second floor of Shenango Valley Urban League, 601 Indiana Ave., Farrell.
Reservations by 4 p.m. Jan. 16: Erin Houston, 724-981-5310
• Penn Power retirees and spouses meet at 9:15 a.m. today for breakfast at Denny’s restaurant, Hermitage.
• Midwestern Local Task Force-Right to Education meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Jan. 21 at The Arc of Butler County, Pullman Center, 112 Hollywood Drive, Butler.
A brief overview will be given on Parental Rights and Procedural Safeguards. This session will be hosted by Butler County Task Force members.
The presentation will be the first 45 minutes and then all participants are welcome to stay for the open meeting and learn about the task force, which advocates for students receiving special education in Butler, Lawrence and Mercer counties.
Info: 724-458-6700, ext. 1207.
• Mercer County Toastmasters meet at 6:15 p.m. Wednesday in UPMC Horizon, Farrell.
Toastmasters offers a proven and enjoyable way to practice communication and leadership skills. Toastmasters is a nonprofit organization with more than 280,000 members in 13,500 clubs in 116 countries.
Info: Ruth Ray, 724-658-4138 or visit the Mercer County Club’s Website at http://9057.toastmastersclubs.org
• A ham loaf dinner will be served from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Jan. 22 at Fredonia Presbyterian Church, Water Street.
Cost is $9 for adults and $5 for children.
• Kinsman United Methodist trustees will hold their chicken and biscuit dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Jan. 15 at the church.
Tickets are $7.50 for adults, $3.75 for children ages 4 to 12 and children ages 3 and younger eat free. Takeouts available by calling 330-876-5641.
• Salvation Army will hold its fifth annual indoor flea market/garage sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 8 at the center, 660 Fisher Hill, Sharon.
Lunch will be available.
• The fourth annual pancake breakfast in memory of Kenneth A. Seamans, sponsored by Eastbrook Animal Health Services Paws for a Cause Relay for Life team, will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Wilmington Township Building, Auction Road, off Route 158 by the New Wilmington Livestock Auction.
Pancakes with sausage platters will be served.
Cost is $8 for adults, $4 for ages 4 to 12 and free for ages 3 and younger.
All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society. Info: 724-714-7925.