• Mercer County Historical Society hosts a program tonight on the Union and Confederate calvaries, presented by Kent Warman. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the program starts at 7.
The Civil War Discussion Group is part of the Historical Society’s ongoing efforts to provide programming related to local history. The roundtable meets the second Tuesday of each month from September through May. Participation in the discussion group is open to the public and is free.
The Historical Society’s headquarters is at 119 S. Pitt Street, Mercer. Info: 724-662-3490.
• Hickory High School class of 1960 gathers for lunch at noon Saturday at Nick’s Inn 62, Hermitage
• West Middlesex High School class of 1970 meets for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Applebee’s in Hermitage.
All classmates and friends are welcome.
• Club Pet Adoption announces its major fundraising event schedule for 2014:
• Reverse Raffle Dinner, April 5.
• Craft/Flea Market and Adoption Day, Aug. 9.
• Second Annual Chinese Auction Extravaganza, Dec. 7.
Info: Jane, 724-704-1314, or Paula, 724-877-9612.
• St. George Serbian Orthodox Church, 65 S. Keel Ridge Road, Hermitage, hosts a wild game dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Feb. 15.
Cost for the all-you-can-eat dinner is $20.
Advance tickets, call Mike at 724-528-3708.
• Hermitage Parks & Recreation is sponsoring bus trip to Cleveland Home & Garden Show on Feb. 15. Bus leaves Hermitage Municipal Building parking lot at 8:30 a.m. and returns to Hermitage at 7 p.m.
Cost is $38 per person and includes transportation and admission to Home & Garden Show. The bus will stop at Cracker Barrel in Twinsburg for dinner on your own.
To register, call 724-981-0800.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
Community briefs from Feb. 25, 2014
Card shower planned for Orville Dean’s 93rd
Apple Castle hosts pruning demonstration
Water conservation is focus of home tour
Gardeners can get basics of starting seeds indoors
Things to do from Feb. 25, 2014
A listing of happenings and events in the area available to the public.
- More Community Headlines
- 'Les Miserables'