• The American Red Cross announces a blood drive from 1 to 7 p.m. today at Mercer Methodist Church, 250 E. Butler St.
• Healthy Steps for Older Adults Falls Prevention Workshop for ages 55 and older will be offered from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. April 7 and 14 in Shenango Valley Senior Community Center, Hermitage.
The workshop is sponsored by Prime Time Health and the state Department of Aging.
Participants can register to win two $25 gift cards, five free exercise classes and other giveaways.
• Juniper Village at the Shenango Inn, 1330 Kimberly Road, Sharon, hosts Ask the Pharmacist at noon April 29, following a complimentary lunch.
Seats are limited. Reserve one at 724-347-4000.
• UPMC Horizon offers these programs:
Silver and Fit, 1 to 2 p.m. today and Thursday, Wellness Center, 26 Conneaut Lake Road, Hempfield Township. Info: 724-588-3001.
Birth Place tours, 9 to 10 a.m. Tuesdays, hospital in Farrell. Register: 724-983-7962.
• Total-knee and partial-knee surgery seminar from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the Womancare Center, 875 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage.
Dr. Edward Uberti, orthopedic surgeon, will speak. Participants will learn about different indications for surgery, remedies and physical therapy.
Registration: 724-962-9622, ext. 1102.
• Sharon Regional Health System offers these programs in the Diagnostic & Imaging Center, Hermitage, unless otherwise noted:
Tours of the Birthing Center in the hospital, 740 E. State St., Sharon, daily from 1 to 5 p.m. Appointments: 724-983-3927 or www.sharonregional.com for a virtual tour of the Birthing Center.
Bariatric Surgery informational meeting, 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday. Dr. Sheetal Nijhawan, director of bariatric surgery, will speak. Register: 724-983-5518 or 800-346-7997.
Highmark Senior Products, 11 a.m. Monday. Register: 800-978-6590.
• A free asthma screening will be offered from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday in Jameson Lung Center on the first floor of the hospital in New Castle. Pulmonary medicine specialists Dr. Rohit Mehta and Dr. Bassem Srour will be available for consultations.
Schedule an appointment at 724-656-4145. Walk-ins also welcome.