• The American Red Cross announces a blood drive from 1 to 7 p.m. today at Mercer Methodist Church, 250 E. Butler St.
• Healthy Steps for Older Adults Falls Prevention Workshop for ages 55 and older will be offered from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. April 7 and 14 in Shenango Valley Senior Community Center, Hermitage.
The workshop is sponsored by Prime Time Health and the state Department of Aging.
Participants can register to win two $25 gift cards, five free exercise classes and other giveaways.
• Juniper Village at the Shenango Inn, 1330 Kimberly Road, Sharon, hosts Ask the Pharmacist at noon April 29, following a complimentary lunch.
Seats are limited. Reserve one at 724-347-4000.
• UPMC Horizon offers these programs:
Silver and Fit, 1 to 2 p.m. today and Thursday, Wellness Center, 26 Conneaut Lake Road, Hempfield Township. Info: 724-588-3001.
Birth Place tours, 9 to 10 a.m. Tuesdays, hospital in Farrell. Register: 724-983-7962.
• Total-knee and partial-knee surgery seminar from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the Womancare Center, 875 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage.
Dr. Edward Uberti, orthopedic surgeon, will speak. Participants will learn about different indications for surgery, remedies and physical therapy.
Registration: 724-962-9622, ext. 1102.
• Sharon Regional Health System offers these programs in the Diagnostic & Imaging Center, Hermitage, unless otherwise noted:
Tours of the Birthing Center in the hospital, 740 E. State St., Sharon, daily from 1 to 5 p.m. Appointments: 724-983-3927 or www.sharonregional.com for a virtual tour of the Birthing Center.
Bariatric Surgery informational meeting, 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday. Dr. Sheetal Nijhawan, director of bariatric surgery, will speak. Register: 724-983-5518 or 800-346-7997.
Highmark Senior Products, 11 a.m. Monday. Register: 800-978-6590.
• A free asthma screening will be offered from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday in Jameson Lung Center on the first floor of the hospital in New Castle. Pulmonary medicine specialists Dr. Rohit Mehta and Dr. Bassem Srour will be available for consultations.
Schedule an appointment at 724-656-4145. Walk-ins also welcome.
• The National Association for Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders holds a support group meeting for men and women with anorexia, bulimia, binge-eating disorder and their families and friends at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays (except for holidays) in the Founders Room of Notre Dame Church, Hermitage. Info: Renee Zamary, 724-981-5435 or www.anad.org
• Sharon Regional Health System offers Compassionate Friends Group at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the Diagnostic & Imaging Center, Hermitage. Register: 724-983-5518 or 800-346-7997.
• Indiana University of Pennsylvania and EMMCO West, Inc., the regional Emergency Medical Services council, are accepting applications for an online emergency medical technician course set for April 16 to Aug. 3.
Students will complete online chapters, activities and exams. Progress is monitored online and during monthly lab sessions. Specialty sessions plus a field internship will provide first-hand experience.
Info and registration forms through April 9: www.emmco.org or 724-357-4051.
• Sharon Regional Health System hosts these classes:
TOPS, or Take Pounds off Sensibly, at 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays in the Diagnostic & Imaging Center, Hermitage. Weigh-ins begin at 8:30 a.m. There is a fee but the first class is free. Register: 724-983-5518 or 800-346-7997.
Healthcare Provider CPR Recertification class, 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, School of Nursing, 740 E. State St., Sharon. There is a $30 fee. Register: 724-983-CPR1.
• IXL, 139 N. Erie St., Mercer, offers Silver & Fit Experience classes from 10 to 10:45 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. A free class is held every Wednesday for nonmembers, along with a free Zumba class at 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Yoga classes run 9 to 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
One free class per person, per month.
Free memberships are available with some insurance companies. Info: 724-662-1776.