• The National Association for Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders holds a support group meeting for men and women with anorexia, bulimia, binge-eating disorder and their families and friends at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays (except for holidays) in the Founders Room of Notre Dame Church, Hermitage. Info: Renee Zamary, 724-981-5435 or www.anad.org
• Sharon Regional Health System offers Compassionate Friends Group at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the Diagnostic & Imaging Center, Hermitage. Register: 724-983-5518 or 800-346-7997.
• Indiana University of Pennsylvania and EMMCO West, Inc., the regional Emergency Medical Services council, are accepting applications for an online emergency medical technician course set for April 16 to Aug. 3.
Students will complete online chapters, activities and exams. Progress is monitored online and during monthly lab sessions. Specialty sessions plus a field internship will provide first-hand experience.
Info and registration forms through April 9: www.emmco.org or 724-357-4051.
• Sharon Regional Health System hosts these classes:
TOPS, or Take Pounds off Sensibly, at 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays in the Diagnostic & Imaging Center, Hermitage. Weigh-ins begin at 8:30 a.m. There is a fee but the first class is free. Register: 724-983-5518 or 800-346-7997.
Healthcare Provider CPR Recertification class, 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, School of Nursing, 740 E. State St., Sharon. There is a $30 fee. Register: 724-983-CPR1.
• IXL, 139 N. Erie St., Mercer, offers Silver & Fit Experience classes from 10 to 10:45 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. A free class is held every Wednesday for nonmembers, along with a free Zumba class at 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Yoga classes run 9 to 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
One free class per person, per month.
Free memberships are available with some insurance companies. Info: 724-662-1776.