• Sawhill Retirees meet at 10 a.m. Dec. 5 at Sharon American Legion.
Physical therapist Adrianne Tool will speak.
All retirees and their spouses are welcome.
• The nonprofit Women of the Moose holds a free trash and treasure sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 8 at the Farrell Moose Lodge, 1321 Division St.
There will be children’s clothes and toys, knick-knacks, crafts and Christmas cookies. Distributors will sell their goods.
• A benefit spaghetti dinner will be held for Mary Setting of Mineral Ridge, Ohio, who is battling stage 3 cervical cancer. The dinner will run 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday at Brookfield Conservation Club, 1953 Sharon-Hogue Road.
Mary, a mother of four, needs to travel to and from Cleveland five days a week for chemotherapy and radiation treatments.
Tickets for the dinner are $8 for adults; $5 for children ages 4-8; and free for children ages 3 and younger.
Monetary donations with checks made payable to Mary Setting are welcome.
To donate a basket or baked goods, call Betty, 330-360-4382; Debbie, 330-750-0732; or Katie, 330-506-7236.
• Plant’s Herb Farm Bed & Breakfast, 104 S. Foster Road, Mercer, holds a Ladies Night Out from 7 to 9 p.m. Dec. 6.
Come shop for great gifts for everyone. Refreshments include wine and cheese.
• Shenango Valley Senior Center, 220 N. Buhl Farm Drive, Hermitage, offers an Oglebay “Festival of Lights” trip Dec. 3 with two departure sites for ages 50 and older.
Participants will depart at 2 p.m. from the senior center and at 2:30 p.m. from Sharon City Centre.
Itinerary includes a meal at Melman’s Cafeteria, a tour the Oglebay Mansion, a visit to the Good Zoo and West Virginia Train Display, the Holiday Laser Light Show, and finally a bus tour of the Festival of Lights.
Seats reserved with $50 payment.