• There will be craft vendors, hay rides, Amish donuts/food, a bake sale, kids activities and more at North Liberty Presbyterian Church harvest festival, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday11/16, with live entertainment from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The church is at 209 N. Liberty-Plain Grove Road, near Grove City.
• Shenango Valley Senior Center, 220 N. Buhl Farm Drive, Hermitage, is hosting an Oglebay “Festival of Lights” trip Dec. 3 with two departure sites.
Participants will depart at 2 p.m. from the senior center and at 2:30 p.m. from the parking lot of Sharon City Centre.
Itinerary includes eating at Melman’s Cafeteria, touring the Oglebay Mansion, and visiting the Good Zoo, West Virginia Train Display, Holiday Laser Light Show before reboarding the bus for the Festival of Lights.
Seats reserved with $50 payment and particpants must be 50 or older.
• A 2-mile run/walk will begin at 2 p.m. Sunday at Riverside Park, Greenville, to celebrate Faith Noelle Gibson’s first birthday. Faith has had multiple open heart surgeries and is now waiting for her miracle heart transplant.
There will be a birthday cake and participants can sign birthday cards for Faith.
Entry fee is by donation.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
Community briefs from Feb. 25, 2014
Card shower planned for Orville Dean’s 93rd
Apple Castle hosts pruning demonstration
Water conservation is focus of home tour
Gardeners can get basics of starting seeds indoors
Things to do from Feb. 25, 2014
A listing of happenings and events in the area available to the public.
- More Community Headlines
- 'Les Miserables'