• The Salvation Army, 660 Fisher Hill, Sharon, serves its annual Thanksgiving Day Feast on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28. Dinner served at noon. A short devotional will be conducted at 11 a.m.
The homestyle sit-down meal is open to everyone in the community.
Delivery is available to shut-ins. Reservations for dinner or delivery: 724-347-5537.
• Farrell High School class of 1956 holds a Christmas party Dec. 4 at Jess’s Junction, Hermitage. Social hour begins at 5 p.m. with dinner at 6.
There will be a $5 gift exchange.
Reservations: Judy, 724-981-2430, by Nov. 25.
• Greenville Area School District is beginning preparations for a holiday dinner for senior citizens of the district. The dinner will be served at 1:15 p.m. Dec. 18 in the high school cafeteria. Guests are asked not to enter the building before 1 p.m.
Entertainment will be provided.
There is no cost for dinner, but donations will be accepted.
Reservations can be made by calling the high school office at 724-588-2500, ext. 2131 by Dec. 11.
• Quota International of Hermitage’s Gutchies for Kidz program continues to accept new undergarments for school-age children through high school. The group is also collected PJs for the holiday season.
Dropoff tubs are at:
• Knott’s Interiors – 1505 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
• Greenville Savings Bank – 550 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
• Je’riel Fashions – 1550 E. State St., Hermitage
• Lori Rollinson’s Hair Boutique – 22 E. Shenango St., Sharpsville
Info: 724-347-7410 or 724-699-7282.
• Brookfield United Methodist Church on the Village Green holds a spaghetti dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
Menu includes all-you-can-eat spaghetti and meatballs, salad bar, bread and butter, beverage and homemade dessert. Takeouts available.
Cost is $8 for adults, $4 for children ages 6 to 12 and free for children ages 5 and younger.
• Kinsman United Methodist Church trustees will hold their chicken and biscuit dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Nov. 20.
Cost is $7.50 for adults, $3.75 for children ages 4 to 12 and free for children ages 3 and younger. Takeouts available by calling 330-876-5641
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
Community briefs from Feb. 25, 2014
Card shower planned for Orville Dean’s 93rd
Apple Castle hosts pruning demonstration
Water conservation is focus of home tour
Gardeners can get basics of starting seeds indoors
Things to do from Feb. 25, 2014
A listing of happenings and events in the area available to the public.
High School Speech Team sends eight to state tournament
The Mercer High School Speech Team opened post-season competition Saturday by qualifying eight members to the Pennsylvania High School Speech League state tournament during District 1’s annual qualifying tournament at Pine-Richland High School, Gibsonia. District 1 includes member schools in Mercer, Butler, Crawford, and Erie counties.
- More Community Headlines