• The Salvation Army, 660 Fisher Hill, Sharon, serves its annual Thanksgiving Day Feast on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28. Dinner served at noon. A short devotional will be conducted at 11 a.m.
The homestyle sit-down meal is open to everyone in the community.
Delivery is available to shut-ins. Reservations for dinner or delivery: 724-347-5537.
• Farrell High School class of 1956 holds a Christmas party Dec. 4 at Jess’s Junction, Hermitage. Social hour begins at 5 p.m. with dinner at 6.
There will be a $5 gift exchange.
Reservations: Judy, 724-981-2430, by Nov. 25.
• Greenville Area School District is beginning preparations for a holiday dinner for senior citizens of the district. The dinner will be served at 1:15 p.m. Dec. 18 in the high school cafeteria. Guests are asked not to enter the building before 1 p.m.
Entertainment will be provided.
There is no cost for dinner, but donations will be accepted.
Reservations can be made by calling the high school office at 724-588-2500, ext. 2131 by Dec. 11.
• Quota International of Hermitage’s Gutchies for Kidz program continues to accept new undergarments for school-age children through high school. The group is also collected PJs for the holiday season.
Dropoff tubs are at:
• Knott’s Interiors – 1505 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
• Greenville Savings Bank – 550 N. Hermitage Road, Hermitage
• Je’riel Fashions – 1550 E. State St., Hermitage
• Lori Rollinson’s Hair Boutique – 22 E. Shenango St., Sharpsville
Info: 724-347-7410 or 724-699-7282.
• Brookfield United Methodist Church on the Village Green holds a spaghetti dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
Menu includes all-you-can-eat spaghetti and meatballs, salad bar, bread and butter, beverage and homemade dessert. Takeouts available.
Cost is $8 for adults, $4 for children ages 6 to 12 and free for children ages 5 and younger.
• Kinsman United Methodist Church trustees will hold their chicken and biscuit dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. Nov. 20.
Cost is $7.50 for adults, $3.75 for children ages 4 to 12 and free for children ages 3 and younger. Takeouts available by calling 330-876-5641