• Trout stocking and pancake dinner is set for March 1. Preseason trout stocking will be at noon at Neshannock Creek in Volant. The annual Volant Volunteer Fire Company pancake breakfast will be from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the fire department.
Cost for the pancake meal is $8 for adults, $6 for ages 6 to 12 and free for ages 5 and younger.
• Hermitage Kiwanis annual pancake and sausage breakfast will be from 7 a.m. to noon April 12 at Delahunty Middle School in Hermitage.
Cost is $6 for adults and $3 for ages 10 and younger.
• Stoneboro Presbyterian Church is having a chili cook-off Feb. 23 after the church service.
There is no cost for the lunch, but when you find what you believe to be the best chili your donation to that chili pot will determine the winner.
Proceeds will fund the church’s summer camp programs.
• The Presbyterian Women of Unity Presbyterian Church, 1857 Mercer-West Middlesex Road (Route 318), Greenfield, will hold an indoor yard sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 28 and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 1.
Lunch will be available.
Proceeds benefit mission projects.
• The Third Annual Pool for Paws, an 8-ball tournament, begins with sign-ups at noon March 29 at Blackie’s Billiards, 118 Vine Ave., Sharon.
Entry fee is $20.
Animals will be on-site for the event and applications will be taken. There will be a Chinese auction.
Proceeds benefit Animal Advocacy.
Arts & crafts
• Sharon American Legion spring vendor and craft show is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 8 at Sharon American Legion, 1395 E. State St., Sharon.
There will be a Chinese auction and food available.
All proceeds benefit Sharon American Legion.
• A unique variety of local crafted quilts will be on display from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 15 at the Wilmington Township, Mercer County, municipal building, 35 Auction Road, New Wilmington.
Featured this year will be Diana Foster Magee’s quilts.
Some quilts for sale will be included in the display. The quilters have a beautiful Boston Commons quilt to be raffled at the annual garage sale on May 17. Tickets may be purchased for $1 each, or six for $5.
The event is sponsored by Wilmington Township, Mercer County, Civic League Quilters.
Refreshments available. Admission is $2.
Proceeds benefit the Scholarship Fund. Info: 724-946-8074.
• Sharon High School class of 1962 meets for lunch at noon Wednesday in Quaker Steak & Lube, Sharon.
Spouses and guests are welcome.
• Primetimers, a 55 and over group, meets at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday for fellowship at Clarks Mills United Methodist Church. Bingo starts at 11 a.m. and lunch will be provided at noon.
• Packard Electric and Delphi Packard Local 717 retirees meet at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Local 717 Union Hall in Warren (Ohio) Commerce Park.
Members are asked to take a labeled covered dish and table service.
Representatives from The Center for Hearing Care will offer hearing screenings from 10 a.m. to noon. Details on the hearing screenings: 330-394-3300.
• Jamestown Area Alumni Association meets at 6 p.m. Sunday at Jamestown Presbyterian Church.
Envelopes are to be stuffed and help is welcome.
• Sharpsville Historical Society will sponsor the following bus trips:
Presque Downs Casino, Erie, April 2. Depart at 9 a.m. from Sharon City Centre and leave casino at 6 p.m. Cost is $35 and includes $35 in free slot play. Optional side trip will be to Wegman’s Market.
Lady Luck Casino in Farmington, Pa., on May 14. Depart at 8:30 a.m. and leave casino at 6 p.m. Cost is $40 and includes $20 in free slot play.
Reservations or info: Rita Sloan at 724-962-7347 or 724-813-9199.