• Wheatland-Farrell United Methodist Church holds an all-you-can-eat pancake and sausage breakfast from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. today in the church at 75 Mercer Ave., Wheatland. Tickets: $6 for adults, $3 for children age 4 through 12, and free for ages 3 and younger. Proceeds benefit the church’s general fund.
• Grace United Methodist Church, 210 S. Broad St., Grove City, hosts Soup & Bread Line Meal, with bowls made by students of George Junior Republic’s Art-2-0 program and Grove City College from noon to 3 p.m. March 2.
Proceeds benefit Grove City Community Food Pantry.
Tickets including bread and soup in a one-of-a-kind bowl to keep: $10 adults and $5 for ages 16 and younger.
• MENSA, the nation’s oldest and largest IQ society, will give entrance exams at 1 p.m. March 8 at the George Junior Republic campus in Pine Township.
Register: US.MENSA.org or e-mail WPAMensatest@gmail.com
• The Gibson House in Jamestown hosts:
• Town Hall Meeting for community members to share ideas, thoughts, concerns and opinions, 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
• Afternoon Mid-Winter Tea fundraiser with scones, tea sandwiches, a variety of teas and plenty of time for conversation and tours, 1 to 3 p.m. March 1. Prices vary by menu selection. Reservations: 724-927-6045.
• Sharon High School class of 1953 meets for lunch at noon Wednesday at Denny’s Restaurant, Hermitage.
• Farrell High School class of 1953 meets for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at Montana’s Rib & Chop House, Hermitage.
• Farrell High School class of 1954 gathers for lunch at noon Wednesday at Ferrara’s Taste of Italy, Sharon.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
Community briefs from Feb. 25, 2014
Card shower planned for Orville Dean’s 93rd
Apple Castle hosts pruning demonstration
Water conservation is focus of home tour
Gardeners can get basics of starting seeds indoors
Things to do from Feb. 25, 2014
A listing of happenings and events in the area available to the public.
High School Speech Team sends eight to state tournament
The Mercer High School Speech Team opened post-season competition Saturday by qualifying eight members to the Pennsylvania High School Speech League state tournament during District 1’s annual qualifying tournament at Pine-Richland High School, Gibsonia. District 1 includes member schools in Mercer, Butler, Crawford, and Erie counties.
- More Community Headlines