• Those interested in helping the Mercer County Historical Society with the Mercer Borough Bicentennial Celebration set for July 11-13 are asked to meet at 4 p.m. Tuesday in the society library. If you can’t attend and would like to help, call 724-662-3490.
• AARP Shenango meets at 1 p.m. Wednesday in Shenango Valley Senior Center, North Buhl Farm Drive, Hermitage.
Eillen Mazza of Pennsylvania AARP will present “You’ve Earned a Say: Make Your Voice Heard on Medicare and Social Security”.
Other chapters are invited to this important presentation.
Info: Tom Rookey, 724-347-7224.
• Penn High School class of 1957 gathers for its monthly dinner at 6 p.m. Tuesday in Gallery Grille, Hempfield Township.
Classmates, spouses and guests are welcome.
• Farrell High School class of 1950 meets at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at Jess’s Junction, Hermitage.
• Forget-Me-Not Garden Club meets at 5 p.m. Monday at The Brass Lantern, Transfer.
After the meal and meeting, Diane Miller, an herbalistic therapist from Lakeside Earth Oils, will present her products for the program.
All club activities resume this month with the board meeting on March 11 and the regular West Middlesex Woman’s Club meeting March 18.
Liz Curry and Cheryl DuMars are the hostesses and will provide dessert.
• Zion’s United Church of Christ, Church Street, Transfer, holds its annual chicken soup lunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 12.
Cost is $6.
• The Third Annual Pool for Paws, an 8-ball tournament, and Chinese auction begins with signups at noon April 12 in Blackie’s Billiards, 118 Vine Ave., Sharon. Please note the change in the date.
Entry fee is $20.
Proceeds benefit Animal Advocacy of Mercer and Crawford Counties.
Animals will be there for the event and adoption applications will be taken.
Events of interest to the community are published as space permits. Send written information to The Herald, Box 51, Sharon 16146 or e-mail: email@example.com. Information is not taken over the phone.
Kids in the news from March 10, 2014
Isaac Williams captures first place at PJAS
Things to do from March 10, 2014
A listing of things to do in the area.
As the person portraying Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables" for Area Community Theater of Sharpsville, Justin Ray must convey the emotion of the situation not just by how he looks, but in how he sings.
- Things to do from March 8, 2014
- Things to do from March 7, 2014
Rotary Club to fete Meehan
Patty Meehan will be honored by Sharon Rotary Club at its Chocolate and Wine Tasting event Saturday.
- Things to do from March 6, 2014
Tickets go on sale March 15 for dinner theater
The Presbyterian Church of West Middlesex dinner theater celebrates its 20th anniversary this year. In honor of the occasion, this year’s show will feature past performances named as greatest hits.
- Things to do from March 5, 2014
Art of the unknown
The artist giveth, but sometimes the artist has to taketh away.
Susan Jacobs is working on a mask impression – made from a cast of a real person’s face – with a scarf-like appendage wrapping around it. She has painted the piece but decided it is too shiny, so she’s sanding it to cut the shine. Maybe she’ll add more paint; maybe she won’t.
- Things to do from Feb. 27, 2014
- Things to do from Feb. 26, 2014
College graduate from Feb. 25, 2014
A list of area students who have recently graduated from colleges or universities.
Organizations from Feb. 25, 2014
On campus from Feb. 25, 2014
News from colleges and universities about area students.
- More Community Headlines
- Kids in the news from March 10, 2014