• Those interested in helping the Mercer County Historical Society with the Mercer Borough Bicentennial Celebration set for July 11-13 are asked to meet at 4 p.m. Tuesday in the society library. If you can’t attend and would like to help, call 724-662-3490.
• AARP Shenango meets at 1 p.m. Wednesday in Shenango Valley Senior Center, North Buhl Farm Drive, Hermitage.
Eillen Mazza of Pennsylvania AARP will present “You’ve Earned a Say: Make Your Voice Heard on Medicare and Social Security”.
Other chapters are invited to this important presentation.
Info: Tom Rookey, 724-347-7224.
• Penn High School class of 1957 gathers for its monthly dinner at 6 p.m. Tuesday in Gallery Grille, Hempfield Township.
Classmates, spouses and guests are welcome.
• Farrell High School class of 1950 meets at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at Jess’s Junction, Hermitage.
• Forget-Me-Not Garden Club meets at 5 p.m. Monday at The Brass Lantern, Transfer.
After the meal and meeting, Diane Miller, an herbalistic therapist from Lakeside Earth Oils, will present her products for the program.
All club activities resume this month with the board meeting on March 11 and the regular West Middlesex Woman’s Club meeting March 18.
Liz Curry and Cheryl DuMars are the hostesses and will provide dessert.
• Zion’s United Church of Christ, Church Street, Transfer, holds its annual chicken soup lunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 12.
Cost is $6.
• The Third Annual Pool for Paws, an 8-ball tournament, and Chinese auction begins with signups at noon April 12 in Blackie’s Billiards, 118 Vine Ave., Sharon. Please note the change in the date.
Entry fee is $20.
Proceeds benefit Animal Advocacy of Mercer and Crawford Counties.
Animals will be there for the event and adoption applications will be taken.
Events of interest to the community are published as space permits. Send written information to The Herald, Box 51, Sharon 16146 or e-mail: email@example.com. Information is not taken over the phone.